Posted in Facilities 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: San Antonio, Texas
The Pipe Layer is responsible for installing underground pipes, which vary in size from 6”-108” for residential, civil, and commercial projects. Installation of the pipe includes positioning, joining, and aligning the pipes at proper depths, angles, and grades. The Pipe Layer is essential in communicating with other team members regarding the excavating activities associated with installing the pipe to ensure work is performed safety and efficiently.
At least 2 years of experience laying pipe in Highway Construction is required.
• Strength and Endurance: Pipe Layer positions are physically demanding, and a high level of physical fitness is required.
• Communication: Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills are necessary as proper completion of an assigned job and working safe will be highly dependent upon this ability.
• Flexibility: Ability to work in a number of diverse locations is pertinent, as work locations may change daily.
• Coordination: Balance, depth perception and eye-hand coordination are critical.
• Expected Hours: Hours will vary by job, location and season. Working a night shift may be required.
• Work Ethic: Dedicated and hard working.