Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse, Operating Room to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical and dental coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment available for select roles and facilities, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection. Student loan repayment available for select roles and facilities.
Apply now at https://careers.hcahealthcare.com/wfl
Number of Staff: 35
* 7 Main Operating Rooms plus 2 Open Heart (CVOR) Rooms
* Type of Cases: Total Joints, Orthopedics, Spine, General, GU, GYN, ENT, Thoracic, Vascular, and Plastics
* Approximate Number of Cases Performed: Varies, 7-20 per day, 3000-3500 annually
* Skill Mix: Registered Nurses and Surgical Technologists (Certified and Non-certified)
* Major Equipment Used: Steris OR tables, lights, and sterilizers, Valley Lab cautery units, headlights, Stryker and Olympus video systems, Stryker and Anspauch powered- instrumentation, Zeiss microscopes, STEALTH, CUSA, specialized tables (cysto, Jackson, Andrews), Olympus endoscopes, Harmonic Scalpel and Ligasure units, etc.
* Special Certifications Needed: CNOR preferred, but not required; CST preferred, but not required. BCLS certification required through the American Heart Association.
* Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Must have a minimum of ONE year of hospital OR experience (including experience with total joints, spinal , and major vascular cases)
* Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred
* Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
* Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association.
* Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred.
* Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to read/comprehend written instructions.
* Ability to follow verbal instructions.
* PC skills.
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Founded in 1976, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility located in the heart of South Pinellas County, Florida. Northside is part of the HCA West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West and Central Florida communities.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.