Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
As one of the world s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Bruker Alicona is part of the Bruker family of companies, a provider of high-performance measurement solutions for science and industry. We develop, produce and distribute optical 3D metrology worldwide. To strengthen our Sales Team in Itasca, IL, we are looking for a new team member to join us as soon as possible as a Sales Applications Engineer.
* have successfully completed a technical education and possess a very good technical understanding,
* want to play a critical role in the growth and extension of Bruker Alicona,
* would like to be responsible for achieving sales targets by developing, maintaining, managing, and being accountable for the MW/NE territory States of MI, OH & PA,
* bring great communication skills and a problem-solving mind set to the table; and
* have interest in a continuous traveling position based out of our US office (Bruker will cover traveling expenses)
then you are exactly the right person for us!
What to expect:
* Develop a thorough understanding of the Bruker Alicona products and applications through classes, on-the-job training, and training at our R&D Department at our Headquarters in Austria.
* Improve the customer experience with Bruker Alicona by recognizing their needs and providing solutions that meet and surpass those needs
* Establish new accounts by identifying potential customers; organizing sales call appointments, meetings, and schedule
* Utilize CRM to generate and manage leads, opportunities, quotes, orders, and appointments
* Prepare quotes by studying customer requirements and documentation; consulting with purchasing, professional, and technical personnel
* Gain customer acceptance by demonstrating cost reductions and improvements in operations
* Achieve sales goals and monthly key performance indicators
* Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies, and attending Expo shows
* Focus attention on key accounts and provide feedback and competitive intelligence to marketing, sales, service and others as appropriate.
* Organize local-level sales strategy to maximize prospective customer awareness, sales opportunities and existing customer satisfaction for referrals in each territory.
* Coordinate effort to communicate customer problems and complaints to the appropriate sales or service group.
* Remain informed of product applications, technical services, market conditions and competitive activities through multiple sources, including pertinent documentations.
* Participate in trade shows and conferences as appropriate.
* Perform other duties as required.
What we offer you:
* Extensive onboarding: 2-3 months of training in Austria including a mentoring system before you independently apply your talents with our clients
* Ongoing training in-house
* Centrally organized, straightforward travel for work
* Fast turn-around of travel expense claims
* Great staff events: e.g. team dinners, bowling, bobsleighing, various celebrations during the year as well as team-building trips across several days
* Bachelor s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university
* Sales-driven individual motivated to increase sales through strong customer account management and identifying growth opportunities
* Proficient in technology using programs to document all customer activity in CRM
* Sales experience with high-end capital equipment preferred
* Ability to travel on a regular basis. Maintain valid Driver s license and personal car required
* Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with both customers and other Bruker Alicona associates
* Excellent presentation and negotiation skills to present information and solutions in a professional manner
* Fluent in English, both written and verbal
* Strong analytical skills to prepare quotes, analyse data, and identify and resolve customer problems
* Self-motivated, organized, and able to complete their tasks with little supervision
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.