Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Brewster, New York
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
At HIPOTRONICS we believe that access to safe and reliable power is not just a privilege, but a right. By providing innovative and dependable test and measurement solutions to our customers around the world, we help make this dream a reality. HIPOTRONICS, as a subsidiary of Hubbell Incorporated (HUBB), employs over 260 people worldwide and hold numerous U.S. and international patents. With production areas in both the United States and Switzerland, we bring 110 years of combined history and experience to our work focusing on total quality. Posting Address
U.S. location negotiable-can work remote
#LI-EK1 Position Overview
The primary responsibility of this position is to work with our international customers, our reps and our internal resources to build sales volume around the world. A large part of this effort is providing sales, technical and application support to our customers. The Sales Engineer will act as the main point of customer contact, which requires a broad competence in technical, commercial and administrative tasks. The Sales Engineer will also provide input and support to the Sales Managers on a wide range of issues including rep management, pricing, competitor activity and product line development. Duties and Responsibilities
How you will make a difference:
* Help engineer meaningful and innovative solutions for our international customers.
* Team collaboration with engineers, product managers, developers, service managers, and marketing.
* Brainstorming new concepts and ideas for our products & work to gain insight for the needs of all customers.
* Domestic/International travel to our facilities and customers across the globe.
* Conduct technical training and demos and coordinate trade shows/events.
* Travel 50% for customer demo visits, rep. training, trade shows, IEEE/IEC Society meetings.
* Work with product development team to help improve products and make our product portfolio stronger.
* Ensure all sales guidelines are followed when negotiating contracts and orders with customers.
* Grow product sales in your assigned territories.
Skills and Experience
* Excellent Microsoft office skills; Excel, WORD and creating PDF files, required
* Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact and maintain effective relationships with other employees and customers
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to understand and practice standard safety procedures
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering General
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.