Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
Immigration Specialist is responsible for working on US Non-Immigrant and Immigrant petitions, specifically H-1B Visas, RFE's, L-1A/L-1B Visas, F-1 visas (CPT/OPT/STEM OPT) and Green Card processing, with responsibility for assuring to deliver prompt and accurate immigration services to our employees and organization. Minimum 3+ years immigration specialist experience required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Helping our employees in all aspects with non-immigrant and immigration related issues including filing H-1B Petitions, L- 1 Petitions, International travel, Visa sponsorship, Green Card process and etc.
• Oversees processes and procedures in order to efficiently coordinate documentation required for visa processing on all Immigrant and non-immigrant applications with employees and outside counsel.
• Ensures processes & procedures are completed so that all immigration application filings are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Respond to inquiries from candidates, employees, HR partners, and recruiters around immigration and filing procedures, compliance process, and other related queries.
• Expertise working on all phases of Greencard applications and H-1B process from coordinating with teams, collecting required documentation from employees, initiating work with attorney, to approval.
• Assist in the preparation of permanent residency cases (PERM Processing) per the company immigration policy and in partnership with outside counsel.
• Working closely with the attorneys in preparing, filing and tracking of various immigration applications and petitions (H-1B, F-1, L-1A/L-1B, PERM, I-140 and I-485, sometimes TN and E-3).
• Stay abreast of US immigration and compliance policies, as well as government announcements regarding changes.
• Ownership of complete immigration process, including PAFs, timely LCA Postings and other compliance procedures.
• Working closely with employees on F-1 student visas regarding, I-983 STEM extension, EAD questions.
• I-9 reverifications for foreign national employees with temporary work documents.
• Experience working with H-1B RFE responses, PERM Audit responses which includes communicating with employees, coordinating with other HR teams to collect the required documents, working closely with attorney to ensuring timely filings.
• Advise international business travelers about business visas and draft Support Letters, Letters of Invitation.
• Assist foreign national employees to prepare necessary documents for visa stamping and international travel.
• Completes other projects and initiatives as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 or more years immigration related work experience.
• Must have an excellent command of USCIS and US immigration procedures.
• Must have deep knowledge of I-9 processing and requirements.
• Must have excellent writing skills, be highly organized and have the ability to multi-task.
• Must have ability to communicate effectively to a wide variety of levels within Equifax from college students to senior executives.
• Must have excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel required. Experience using Workday HRIS system will be a plus.
• Must have cultural sensitivity to work within a diverse employee work setting.
• Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under pressure within strict timelines.
• Have excellent time management skills, accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; must be a self-starter.
• Must be a good team player to coordinate, assist and ensure smooth immigration process to all our employees and organization.
• Requires understanding of all other legal processes and compliance regulations.
Primary Location:USA-California Remote
Function:Function - Human Resources