Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chatsworth, California
DataDirect Networks (DDN.com) is a world leader in massively scalable storage. We are the leading provider of data storage and processing solutions and professional services that enable content-rich and high-growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production organizations and security & intelligence organizations.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
* Develop a substantial knowledge of the company's product line.
* Ability to install, support and debug product line.
* Majority of work will require travel to customer sites.
* Ability to troubleshoot and analyze performance characteristics.
* Occasionally provide Pre-Sales support with RFP responses, technical drawings, presentations, and recommendations.
* Creation of installation status reports and participation of weekly staff calls with manager.
* Ability to communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications for this role are:
* Independent thinker and self-starter.
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Able to take directions and see a project or task through to completion.
* Team player who can work well with others or independently when the task requires.
* 5-10 Years experience in Operating systems debugging Linux and Windows Environments.
* Red Hat, SUSE, Windows Server, scripting (Shell), Perl. Strong knowledge in file system deployment and concepts: Windows, XFS, ZFS, EXT3/4.
* Desired experience in parallel/clustered filesystems, such as GPFS, Lustre, SNFS.
* 5-10 years experience in SAN infrastructure and troubleshooting.
* Experience in varied networking technologies, including Ethernet, Infiniband, Omnipath.
* Networking certification or experience is desirable.
* Experience in file system performance characterization and tuning tools, including fio, iozone, IOR, etc.
* Associate Degree or Technical Equivalent (5+ years work experience) or higher.
* Ability to travel domestically.
* Ability to safely lift 50lbs.
DDN CORE CHARACTERISTICS
DDN has a very strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
Self-Starter - Takes independent action to identify and solve problems. Seeks out relevant information needed to make decisions. Gets involved with new initiatives.
Success/Achievement Orientation - Delivers quality results consistently. Targets, achieves (or exceeds) measurable results. Sets challenging goals, focuses on critical priorities, and is accountable.
Problem Solving - Recognizes problems and responds with a systematic assessment that identifies and addresses cause of issue. Practical, realistic, and resourceful.
Innovative - Builds and improves key business processes that enhance the effectiveness of DDN. Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, and solves problems creatively.
DataDirect Networks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, sex stereotyping, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.