Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Itasca, Illinois
As a product manager at Flexera, you will be responsible for defining your team s roadmap and leading a
team of engineers and designers to ship products that delight users while delivering business value to
In this role, you ll work with the shared services product development team, responsible for building out
enterprise-grade shared services across a portfolio being tightly integrated into a complete, cohesive
value prop. Critical in this role will be your ability to anticipate scale challenges, map business
requirements to technical vision, and balance support for our application users and external developers
using these shared services.
Your day to day activities will include customer and market research, communicating product
opportunities, reviewing designs, negotiating scopes, and analyzing success metrics. This is an amazing
opportunity to take a leading role in modernizing a successful suite of offerings with strong market
traction and active, engaged users.
Successful candidates will have three main traits: product sense, leadership, and the ability to get things
done. They'll also be technical enough to truly understand where the complexity in features lies and to
anticipate obstacles in the development process.
* Developing and communicating product strategy and the product roadmap for shared services across a portfolio of products
* Partnering with other product teams to create and deliver best-in-class customer experiences
* Executing on the mission of building and improving systems that manage data collection and ingestion, reporting, onboarding, security and other enablers for phases of the Flexera customer journey
* Write narratives, use cases, user stories and requirements to enable the product planning process
* Drive sprint planning & review including feature prioritization; champion these decisions with internal stakeholders across functions
* Develop, monitor, evaluate and standardize key metrics and product analytics to improve technical (performance, reliability, scalability) and customer / business performance -- fostering a culture of data-driven decisions across internal stakeholder groups
* Manage the process of root cause analysis and product improvement (bug fixes, addressing gaps, and migrating platforms) to customer and product problems as they arise
* Own the business case model for your product and drive critical decisions through intricate understanding of how they impact revenue, cost, and customer satisfaction, in a way that drives good trade-off decisions
* Lead "build vs buy" trade-off decisions where applicable
* Extremely strong problem-solving skills going from the customer to how the technology works; ability to quickly translate customer opportunity or need into product and technology requirements
* Experience with and/or deep understanding of core IT functions like IT Asset Management, IT Service Management, IT Financial Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Security.
* Strong strategic thinking, able to translate the company's strategic direction into a concrete plan
* Ability to innovate with an understanding of how to take ideas forward through strong influence skills - build relationships and evangelize strategy & plan well (verbally and written)
* Deep empathy for customers, values designing user-centric experiences, specific to true consumer needs based on consumer insight and data
* Experience with agile software development methods and dev-ops processes
* Comfortable with ambiguity; self-starter and purpose driven; have a strong sense of curiosity; experience with dashboard and metrics
* Ability to communicate with and align around technical strategies with architects and product owners
* Able to break down customer needs to product components, features and technologies that are flexible, built on re-usable, flexible microservices that are logical for the overall design of the technology stack
* Bachelor's degree required; MBA or graduate degree preferred; education concentrated in business or technology fields is preferred
* 3+ years of experience in a product manager or product owner role, preferably in enterprise SaaS or mid-market digital products
* 3+ years of experience with technology asset management, either as end-user practitioner or tool vendor or solution provider
* Expertise and Experience with large-scale microservices and API-based architectures
* Experience in evaluating third party solutions based on mid to long term product needs
* Experience working in matrix organization influencing work in different functions of user experience design, and software development.
Equal Opportunity. Flexera Software agrees that it does not and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, age, sex, handicap, national origin, or sexual orientation.