Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
We are currently seeking a Coffee Packer/Machine Operator for our Core department. The successful candidate will be responsible for converting roasted coffee into finished, packaged products in accordance with defined quality, productivity, safety, and cost standards
* Identifies production priority and needs based upon the Daily Production Schedule supplied.
* Ensures that coffee has had adequate time to gas-off.
* Completes change over sheet and notifies line support when a change-over is necessary and requests that appropriate film, filters and boxes be delivered to the packaging line.
* Packages priority items on the punch list before handling other products.
* Utilizes computer to open appropriate coffee bin.
* Utilizes data entry console to enter in item information in order to print out correct item labels.
* Programs packaging machine for item to be run, using touch-sensitive computer, based on information listed on the manufacturing specification sheet.
* Adjusts packaging equipment to handle appropriate case size.
* Adjusts amount of coffee per package without stopping production, in order to remain within specified ranges.
* Manages the packaging process by closing boxes, labeling them and sending them through a tape machine.
* Takes sample bags of coffee to the lab, in order to be examined for the correct color and level of gas.
* Performs numerous visual, weight, and seal inspections of individual packages during operation.
* Identifies and segregates nonconforming goods for proper disposition.
* Moves boxes from the conveyor belt onto pallets, stacking them appropriately.
* Completes tickets for every pallet, including information such as the item number, date and case count.
* Records amount of downtime incurred during shift with explanation.
* Completes maintenance work request forms if a mechanic is required to service a machine.
* Maintains a clean and orderly work area, using an air hose to remove dust from the packaging line throughout the day as needed.
* Other related duties as assigned by management.
* High School or GED.
* Experience with operating equipment in a manufacturing environment.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Good math skills.
* Ability to work without constant supervision. * Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. repetitively. * Must be available to work OT and weekends as needed Equal Opportunity Employer / Vets / Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled