Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: aurora, Colorado
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Emergency Room. Submit your application today!
Our nurse teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
WHY CHOOSE US:
* Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- Emerging Leaders
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
* 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
* Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Plan
At The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza patients are our first priority. We take extreme measures to ensure high quality, safe care in the most comfortable setting possible.
Highlights About The Medical Center of Aurora:
* Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence.
* Primary Stroke Certification (The Medical Center of Aurora).
* Two accredited Chest Pain Centers (Main Campus and Centennial Medical Plaza).
* Ranked the #4 hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado in U.S. News & World Report's 2014-15 Best Hospital Rankings.
* Level II Trauma Center at our Main Campus.
* Level IIIa NICU at our Main Campus. Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award Recipient for 2013-2016.
* State-of-the-art Heart Care Tower on Main Campus.
* Community Hospital Cancer Program accreditation from American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer. NAPBC-accredited Breast Cancer Care Center.
* Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children affiliation.
* 60 bed emergency room
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Current licensure as an RN
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
* ACLS Certification Preferred.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.