Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hazleton, Pennsylvania
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
* Maintenance Technician
* Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor
Installs, maintains, and repairs all machinery, equipment, physical structures of facility, ingredient distribution, piping and electrical systems.
* Able to read blueprints and P&IDs to perform repairs and modifications to automated production equipment
* Excellent mechanical aptitude.
* Excellent safety aptitude.
* Working knowledge of PLCs, VFDs, servo drives, motor controls, pneumatics, hydraulics and power distribution.
* Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* Able to handle multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities.
* Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with ability to improve and promote quality and safety.
* Must demonstrate excellent trouble shooting skills.
* Maintains troubleshoots, and repairs all manufacturing equipment such as wrappers, mixers, motors, conveyors, refrigeration systems.
* Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breakers panels.
* Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or motor, and installs grounding leads.
* Monitors and ensures that the equipment is in excellent condition for operation.
* Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on the equipment.
* Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
* Installs powers on the new manufacturing equipment.
* Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
* Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
* Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
* Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
* Installs, modifies and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, SOVs, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
* Repairs and maintains physical structure of facility.
* Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots and PLCs.
* Any other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
* Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
* Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
* Minimum of 3 years' experience maintaining manufacturing systems and equipment in an automated plant.
* Food plant experience preferred.
* Must have strong mechanical background in a production setting troubleshooting and repairing gearboxes, conveyors, sprocket/chains, belts, clutches, and brakes.
* Must be able to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up to 480v 3 phase, read and interpret electrical drawings and P&IDs.
* Must have HS diploma or GED.
* Knowledgeable in use of all power tools, hand tools, welders, lathes, drill presses, etc.
* Must be able to work any shift including weekends and holidays.
* Must be able to work in a Team environment with limited supervision.
* Associates degree or certificate in electrical, mechanical or industrial automation engineering.
* PLC and/or construction electrical (journeyman) certification is highly desirable.
* Welding and/or machinist certification is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems is highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* May be required to work off ladders or other similar devices in high places with proper safety equipment.
* May be required to lift loads of 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to work at elevated heights with proper fall protection
* Employee may be required to work in areas that are cold, wet, dusty, slippery or hot.
* Frequently working in areas of loud noise.
* May require employees to work in small/confined, or elevated areas
* Schedule subject to change, based on needs.
* Weekends, Holidays, and Overtime as required.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender