Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Theodore, Alabama
AIRGAS USA, LLC IS HIRING AN RETEST TECHNICIAN IN THEODORE, AL
BENEFITS CONSISTENT HOURS STABILITY PLANT BONUS
AIRGAS OFFERS A FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES: MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, LIFE, AD&D, SHORT TERM AND LONG TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE, VACATION, SICK, PAID HOLIDAYS, 401(K) RETIREMENT PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH, TUITION ASSISTANCE AND MUCH MORE!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nations leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on
Provide recovery, dehydration, and/or hydrostatic testing and other services to cylinders in a safe, timely and accurate manner, to ensure that the equipment and the performance of duties are in compliance with all local, state, federal, DOT and EPA regulations.
* Inspect gas cylinders to detect surface defects and tests elasticity of cylinder walls.
* Operate, calibrate, and perform simple maintenance with/on computerized hydrostatic cylinder testing equipment.
* Remove valve from cylinder using wrench or valve-removal machine.
* Fill cylinder with water, seals cylinder and immerses cylinder in water-filled jacket, using chain hoist.
* Screws fittings and turns valve or starts pump to create pressure that expands cylinder wall.
* Compare pressure gauge or burette reading with specifications and segregates cylinders that exceed prescribed expansion limits.
* Stamp test date and company symbol on cylinder.
* Record test results, cylinder serial number, and test date in a timely and accurate manner.
* Check expiration date of cylinder and make sure proper DOT number is correct for the size of the cylinder.
* Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
* Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
* Perform mathematical calculations.
* Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when required.
* Paint cylinders as needed
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to routinely lift 25 60 lbs.
Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours, frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
Must be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from 30 to 110 degrees.
Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability