Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Work From Home
CereCore is committed to bringing a deep and evolving knowledge, a long track record of operational excellence and a full suite of capabilities to all of our partnerships in order to help our clients thrive in the communities they serve.
As a strategic, operational advisor and knowledge source, Parallon employs more than 27,000 professionals who approach every assignment as operating partners, not vendors.
Our solutions are designed to meet the real needs of hospitals and health systems through the application of best practices and innovations proven within the nation's largest provider of healthcare services.
We offer one of the broadest portfolios of solutions across the United States and internationally.
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs
As a member of the CereCore team, the Epic Analytics Analyst II serves as a key Epic Analytics IT resource for facility implementation and support. The Epic Analytics Analyst II works under the guidance of the Manager of Epic Services to perform their duties.
Primary responsibilities include assisting the facility's Epic EHR systems team on Analytics IT activities, second level support to resolve incidents, and participation in upgrade/SU or new module/application testing and implementation for the facility. This individual works with other Epic team members and our facilities to deliver hands-on training as needed, and to implement corporate and division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans.
The Epic Analyst II is expected to spend time within our facilities and critical areas to maintain a firm understanding of operations and ensure development and solutions to solve the core ask/issue. Travel will be as necessary to complete the various departmental initiatives.
Supervisor - Manager, Epic Services
Supervises - None
Key Interactions - CereCore Leadership, Clients, Staff, Vendors
* Assists CereCore Epic team with analytics IT activities
* Provides incident/issue support through data gathering
* Works to troubleshoot and resolve Tier 2 level application-specific issue build/fixes
* Provides detailed issue resolution documentation
* Advanced knowledge in at least one Epic module
* Basic knowledge in at least one other Epic module
* Participates in module/application testing, and implementation
* Participates in software update testing
* Produces detailed build documentation and functional test scripts
* Completes test script updates
* Provides input on policies and procedures, training, and best practices
* Present system configuration changes at Change Management meetings
* Demonstrates system functionality for end users and stakeholders
* Presents design and build changes to stakeholders for approval
* Works with team members and facilities to deliver advanced Tier 2 level hands-on training as needed
* Works with team members and facilities to actively promote and support corporate/division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans for the Epic applications.
* Communicates workflows to end users
* Creates training aids and tip sheets
* Participates in incident support, design and end user/stakeholder meetings as a member of the Epic CereCore team.
* Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance
* Builds strong relationships at the facility with core customer base (nurses, physicians, core team members, etc.)
* Assists in identifying and communicating referrals to support Sales and Business Development
* Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
* Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
* Represent CereCore and HCA while working/interacting with external partners
* Travel as required; anticipated 25% travel.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.