Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Trenton, New Jersey
About the Department At Novo Nordisk, our Strategy, Finance, and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk s short and long-term planning, the Strategy, Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This position is responsible for managing the entire deal evaluation/development process from contract inception through final approval for National Accounts. This includes the strategic assessment, deal structure, analysis, forecasting and reporting of contract profitability of customer segments (e.g., Managed Care, Non-Federal Hospitals, Long-Term Care, Medicare Part D, Medicaid (FFS & MM), Exchanges and Federal), including Diabetes, Biopharmaceutical and hormone therapy products.
The position reports to the Associate Director, Strategic Pricing. The individual will partner and work closely with a number of internal and external functions within Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) including; Brand Teams; Vice President (VP), Pricing, Contracting, Operations and Reimbursement (PCOR); Pricing and Market Access Insights team; Associate Director, Strategic Pricing; Contract Management & Business Assurance Team; Government Contracts and Compliance Team; Rebate Operations and Insights Team, Market Access Field Team (VPs, Directors and Account Executives); Strategy and Innovation team; Pricing Committee and to a lesser degree Forecasting; Health Economics; Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A); Legal; Commercial Insights and Analytics.
* Demonstrates knowledge of internal business operations and applies this knowledge to analyses, processes and deliverables
* Structures all offers with respect to the development of financial analytics and profitability metrics
* Oversees business and analytical expertise in the development of tools and methods that will result in more accurate customer profitability assessment and decision-making
* Owns the deal evaluation process to support implementation of Managed Market Strategy
* Participates in all Pre-Pricing Committee meetings and leads the review of financial impact scenarios
* Partners and collaborates with the Contract & Compliance Team to ensure all Terms & Conditions align with anticipated deal structure
* Partners and works closely with the Associate Director and Senior Manager, Strategic Pricing and Account Directors/Executives to finalize all proposals for key stakeholders
* Trains and mentors new team members in the areas of systems, processes, analytic models and presentations
* Understands competitive dynamics to identify key opportunities and threats and incorporates into strategies and plans
* Works closely with Channel Strategy Directors to ensure all offers align with all aspects of approved channel strategies
* Analyses impact of pricing changes on Novo Nordisk(R) financial results, including impact on statutory pricing
* Assists in the development of channel forecasts and customer segment valuation
* Assists with the development of presentations for senior management regarding all US pricing deals
* Assists with the development of Pricing Committee business cases and financial analysis
* Contributes to scenario impact models on pricing and profitability within key channels
* Develops pricing models to be used in the review of list and net pricing recommendations
* Develops trackers and performance metrics for new product launch teams
* Executes analysis of net contract sales, market share, and contract pricing for the U.S.
* Executes financial analysis quantifying the expected performance and profitability of retail and non-retail contracts for in-line products
* On an ad hoc basis, develops reports that monitor and evaluate Managed Markets performance at customer and channel levels
* Provides ad hoc analyses as required
* Provides analytical support to the Senior Manager, Strategic Pricing to execute on global projects relating to analysis of net sales, market shares, and pricing in the U.S. market
* Provides integrated analyses and insights for customers and other business groups (e.g., customer segment reports and trend reports for internal Finance, Sales and Marketing management)
* Supports contract profitability forecasting. Contributes to continuous improvement of methodologies by measuring forecast versus actual results and benchmarking against industry practices
* Supports the Strategic Pricing Managers with the development and implementation of the Managed Markets Strategy through financial modeling for deal evaluation and creation of analytical deliverables
* Works with 3rd party pricing vendors, Master Data, Contracts Operations, Finance, Trade and Pricing Services to implement and disseminate pricing changes
0-10% overnight travel required.
* A Bachelor's degree required; relevant experience may be substituted for degree, when appropriate
* A minimum of 6 years relevant experience in the areas of pricing, contracting, forecasting, and financial modeling required. Pharmaceutical experience preferred
* A strong level of analytical, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and other key platforms
* Ability to deliver message and presentations in a clear, confident manner
* Ability to interact and manage multiple internal relationships at all levels of the business
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Demonstrates an ability to manage and influence to ensure business objectives are met
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.