Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Piscataway, New Jersey
We are Stewart & Stevenson. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Responsible for administration and management of all aspects of warranty policies, including the processing of warranty claims, enforcement of policies, recording and tracking of warranty failures, and reporting failure information.
* Oversee the daily operations of the warranty function.
* Oversee receipt and processing of warranty claims. Ensure incoming claims are reviewed and/or logged accurately and in a timely manner.
* Determine if warranty action is required.
* May arrange with customers for the repair or replacement of defective equipment under warranty.
* Monitor and review in-process claims to ensure claims are being addressed and resolved. May ensure materials and documentation necessary for warranty repairs and/or reimbursements is provided. Resolve any inaccurate information issues.
* Administer and enforce all warranty policies.
* Monitor warranty receivables and research warranty payment discrepancies. May review service and repair invoices for accuracy and investigate discrepancies. May process warranty credit statements.
* Review and verify accuracy of warranty journal entries.
* Manage the distribution of Warranty Coordinator work loads and assignments.
* Direct the activities of Warranty Coordinators.
* Establish work standards and evaluate Warranty Coordinator's performance.
* Hire, counsel, and discharge Warranty Coordinators as necessary.
* May create warranty reports documenting and tracking warranty failures, including reports for warranty review meetings.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or four to ten years related experience
* Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
* Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
* Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
* Ability to take care of the customer s needs while following company procedures.
* Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
* Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
* Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
* Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Prior experience with JD Edwards
Certificates & Licenses
Prior experience in a service/aftermarket environment is preferred.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
Prior experience with Detroit Diesel, Allison and/or MTU warranty administration, customer service or in a aftermarket environment is highly desirable.
Familiarity with Oracle software is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.