Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
We are seeking a Surg Tech at the Madison Surgery Center to:
- Prepare the Operating Room prior to surgery
- Assist the surgeon during surgery
- Care for the instruments and supplies used in surgery
- Pick cases for the next day
- Assist with Inventory Control
Minimum - Completion of Surgical Technologist program
Minimum - Clinical experience either through a formal surgical technology program or prior work experience
Preferred - One (1) year of experience as a Surgical Technologist
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Basic Life Support/CPR at time of hire or obtained within 6 months of hire dependent on the location
Preferred - Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Successful completion of the UW Health Surgical Technologist unit-based competencies.
- Strong communication skills/guest relations.
- Strong skills in use of written and oral language (i.e., grammar, spelling, format, etc.).
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Demonstrates basic use of computers as appropriate to practice.
- Ability to function effectively independently and as a team player.
- Excellent organizational/priority setting skill.
- Demonstrates knowledge, purpose, and correct dosage of drugs and solutions used on surgical field.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
W ork Schedule:
85% FTE, 34 hours per week. Flexible schedule, Monday through Friday (no on-call, weekends, or holidays)
Sign-On Bonus: This position is eligible for up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus (pro-rated on FTE/Hours).
Madison Surgery Center – a joint venture between UW Health and UnityPoint Health-Meriter. We are certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and manage fully furnished operating suites and procedural rooms, complete with state-of-the-art monitoring equipment, surgical technology and anesthesia.
Learn more about this opening
UW Medical Foundation benefits
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.