Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Riverside, California
The UCPath Center is a crucial component of the University of California's high-priority project to centralize, streamline and standardize the university's HR, payroll, benefits, general ledger, work force administration and academic processes. Located in Riverside, the UCPath Center will serve all the university's 216,000 employees from UC's campuses, medical centers and research facilities.
The Payroll Associate (Customer Service Emphasis) will work within the UCPath Center, reporting directly to the AP/AR Supervisor. This critical role will be the first point of contact and service for UC employees and managers.
This role uses customer service knowledge concepts to apply policies and procedures to respond to all levels of overpayment inquiries, resolving most inquiries directly and escalating complex/unique issues as needed. Customer contacts may be through several channels, with the majority of contacts made through the Customer Relationship Management tool or telephone contact. The incumbent will provide information and guidance for overpayments. They will require an understanding of the adjustment and overpayment process and be able to assist the employees and/or locations with questions or concerns.
The Payroll Associate works on payroll problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. This position will also be responsible for providing expertise and support to ensure the flawless execution and administration of payroll. The Payroll Associate is also responsible for addressing escalated payroll inquires and issues and providing support and guidance to Payroll Assistants.
* Provides accurate and efficient resolutions to complex and/or escalated issues and inquiries through multiple channels (phone, customer relationship management, etc.) by following appropriate resolution/assessment methodology (investigating and research), utilizing knowledge management tools, educating employees and managers on products and self- service tools, and determining the appropriate course of action or escalation for emerging issues.
* Researches and analyzes payroll discrepancies and exceptions then processes appropriate corrections and/or adjustments.
* Collects, analyzes, updates and reconciles payroll data on a regular basis.
* Assesses customer's level of understanding, and educates and influences customers to utilize self-service support and on line payments through the UCLA billing system (BAR).
* Provides support by answering escalated customer inquiries by researching policies and procedures, recommending self-help web sites, and guiding customers through steps used to arrive at solutions.
* Responsibilities involve review of issues and problem resolution in specific areas such as, but not limited to overpayments and adjustments.
* Provides support for employees with sensitive and confidential information relating to their overpayments.
* Communicates effectively (written or verbal) to best match customer style, needs, and level of understanding in creating optimal customer interaction. Communication style includes accurate and grammatically correct support based on channel (phone, email, case management).
* Completes accurate and actionable case documentation in the customer relationship management system.
* Utilizes knowledge management tools and contributes new, revised or updated information to maintain accuracy and consistency in knowledge in support of customers, peers and the larger UCPath Center team.
* Supports the UCPath Center team by sharing knowledge, information, and best practices with peers and cross-functional teams.
* May research, analyze and work with appropriate levels of the Center to facilitate implementation of corrective action or ensure problem resolution.
* May participate in workgroups for review of internal process and technology to ensure effective and efficient customer service.
* Ensures delivery of quality service to various constituencies.
* A minimum of three (3) years demonstrated customer service experience working in payroll and/or benefits shared service or call center environment in one functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Content knowledge across academic personnel, benefits and payroll functional areas with in-depth knowledge and experience in one or more of these areas.
* Understanding of and experience applying advanced customer service principles. Interacts confidently, effectively and professionally during challenging conversations with managers and employees. Recommends solutions to current issues using learning from past experiences with calls and project work.
* Strong collaboration and teamwork skills. Demonstrated ability to share knowledge with others to help them become more effective.
* Ability to promote and implement changes to current practices and processes.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
* Excellent writing skills to clearly, concisely and logically articulate ideas and issues, using appropriate editorial style and strong English grammar skills; ability to translate technical information and concepts into easily understandable language for a diverse audience.
* Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills to effectively research and extract pertinent data and information from multiple sources and systems in providing guidance to and/or resolving issues for customers and in support of other projects.
* Ability to effectively utilize UCPath Center workstation functionality (e.g., imaging, on-line reference tools, Windows environment, Microsoft Office products and computers in general).
* Demonstrated project management and organizational skills to maintain quality of day-to-day work while concurrently participating in workgroups/task forces, providing training, and/or working on special projects.
* Ability to ask for coaching and feedback, seek better understanding, and act on it to improve his or her contribution.
* Strong regulatory and legislative knowledge as it relates to payroll and or benefits.
* Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in work product.
* Ability to provide excellent service with integrity.
* Payroll Certification (FPC), or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification(s).
* Knowledge of UC personnel and payroll policies and procedures.
* Experience and proficiency in the PeopleSoft HRMS platform.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled