Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Claremore, Oklahoma
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Fitter I position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will lay out and assemble pole sections in preparation for welding. Additionally, you will…
* Lay out, align and assemble fabricated metal products used in electrical poles, substations, and other structures
* Perform repetitive types of assembling operations according to procedures established by others and use hand tools and measuring devices in the performance of work
* Assemble components and determine whether process specifications have been met, prior to erection by workers at the construction site
* Assemble structural units requiring little or no fitting
* Use hand tools and measuring devices in the performance of work
* Work under conditions with accurate performance and completion of work within set time limits
* Assume accountability and responsibility for essential tools and equipment provided along with the maintenance of these tools and equipment
* Participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures
What it takes
* One year of previous experience fitting structural steel products
* Successful completion of a weld test
* The ability to read and interpret blueprints to properly fit all products
* The ability to work in a timely and expeditious manner to deliver an on-time result without errors
* The ability to perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
* The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
* The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Six months of previous experience welding in a professional environment
* The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
* Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
* Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
* At the end of 90 Calendar days the candidate must be able to maintain an acceptable level of production, quality and attendance as determined by Management
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.