Posted in Manufacturing 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plymouth, Wisconsin
Founded in 1958, Great Lakes Cheese is the largest packager of natural cheese in the United States. We are proud to offer our retail, foodservice, and co-pack customers with award-winning natural and processed bulk, shredded, and sliced cheeses.
At Great Lakes Cheese, we believe in the value of values. We are true partners internally and externally, building on a foundation of respect and putting forth our best at every opportunity. This partnership approach has driven our tremendous growth and earned us awards such as the #8 Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio.
Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan makes every employee an owner. GLC Owners are problem solvers - they look for opportunities to help and take action. Our Owners are passionate about their work and eagerly advance their knowledge and capabilities. Most importantly, they act with integrity. At Great Lakes Cheese, we do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.
Join our Great Lakes Cheese family and own a piece of the action.
The Transporter Raw Product transports raw product from the cooler entrance into production in compliance with customer specifications and with company policy related to GMP’s and Safety.
• Use handheld scanner in an effective manner.
• Verify correct counts of product.
• Change/maintain batteries and fill out appropriate documentation.
• Set-up raw material and provide production with a constant flow of material.
• Scan pallet tags and match them to the pallet.
• Put pallets away neatly; centered in racks.
• Maintain a productive speed to ensure that all needs are met in a timely manner.
• Rotate stock appropriately.
• Productive use of down time.
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce and promote our products and services in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED.
• Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
• Ability to run forklifts and other transport equipment.
• Ability to read, comprehend and communicate safety labels on chemical containers.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Preferred Education and Experience
• SAP experience.
• MES experience.
• Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
• Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
• Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
• Product weight: up to 50 lbs.
• Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
• Use of motor skills to safely drive tow motors or other motorized vehicles in tight quarters.
• Product weight: up to 100 lbs
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.