Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an EKG / Cardiac Technician.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed hospital is the only full-service acute care facility in Butte, and were the largest hospital serving a seven-county area. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As an EKG / Cardiac Tech you need to know how to:
* Perform EKG, Signal Average, EEG, Stress and Holter application as ordered by physicians according to established procedures.
* Report all ventricular arrhythmias, 2nd and 3rd degree blocks, ST depression or elevation changes to the RN, physician or immediate supervisor.
* Deal with dysrhythmia changes and complications to stress testing in a calm and logical manner.
* Identify and save abnormal wave patterns for physician interpretation.
* Scan Holter Monitor tapes, according to procedure, in a timely fashion.
* Perform transmitted EKG (event monitoring) according to procedure.
* Notify physicians of gross abnormalities and document that the physician has been notified.
* Edit EKG's after physician reads EKG.
* Make out monthly schedule for EKG interpretation by physicians.
* Maintain and troubleshoot equipment.
* Act as an Event Monitor - patient's application, instruction and transmitting of strips.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) equivalent, or three (3) to six (6) months of related experience and/or training, or combination of education and experience, required
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, required upon hire
* CCT certification, preferred
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being an EKG / Cardiac Tech on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities