Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
ARE YOU READY TO BE A PART OF A PASSIONATE AND HARD-WORKING TEAM EAGER TO DRIVE OUR BUSINESS FORWARD?
APPLY NOW AND MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH AIRGAS AS A LEASE BILLING SPECIALIST, IN INDEPENDENCE, OH
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The (Lease) Billing Specialist works closely with the Branches, Customers, Accounts Receivable, Account Reps and the Cylinder Control Departments in order to help provide oversight and management of the Lease Renewal process. The review and release of customer lease renewals is managed by this department at the Business Service Center (BSC) and includes resolving cylinder discrepancies, validating pricing and terms, and correcting billing errors.
* Based on review of lease records, cylinder balances, AR balances and other information, determine the release of billing blocks in order to generate lease renewal invoices.
* Utilizes SAP t-codes and reports and save reports to Excel in order to perform required analysis.
* Assists customers, sales managers and branch personnel with questions related to leases and lease billing.
* Ensures that leases are set-up correctly and managed on a timely basis in order to prevent erroneous rent charges.
* Creates credit and debit memos for lease material in compliance with Airgas revenue recognition policies and procedures
* Submits cylinder adjustments to regional cylinder control departments in order to correct customer balances.
* Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
* Associates degree a plus.
* 1 year of prior experience in an office environment with customer facing activities, internal or external.
* Accounts receivable or billing experience preferred but not required.
* Industry experience or knowledge of Airgas business and production/distribution network preferred.
* The Lease Billing Specialist should have a solid understanding of customer billing processes as well as how leases are created and maintained in SAP.
* Exhibits customer focused behavior such as building positive relationships and understanding customers needs, both internal and external.
* Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
* Ability to make effective decisions and accept ownership. Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision/direction.
* Strong organizational and people skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
* Ability to understand the impact on new technologies of processes and assists with the integration of new technologies into day-to-day operations.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as a demonstrated ability to utilize financial applications within SAP. Intermediate Excel skills preferred.
* Ability to deal with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
* Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills with the ability to make independent decisions based on investigation and judgement as well as ability to discern when to escalate issues.
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to adjust communication method based on customer situation.
* A positive approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
* Employee may occasionally be required to transverse through office and/or manufacturing locations.
* Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
* Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
* Requires frequent use of computer and telephone.
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
WHO WE ARE:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
WHAT DO OUR TEAM MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT BEING PART OF THE TEAM?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability