Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
The Fleet Manager oversees the operation and maintenance of the organizations motor vehicles. Oversees DOT compliance and reporting as it relates to the fleet. Develops and implements vehicle and vehicle related equipment preventive maintenance programs.
· Responsible for implementing/managing maintenance programs.
· Coordinate with vendors, freight broker and employees to secure delivery of new equipment.
· Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
· Manages effective utilization of vehicle assets.
· Conducts fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met.
· Negotiate maintenance rates with local shops and dealers within the required region.
· Ensures vehicle management systems are effectively utilized.
· Meets all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
· Assists in budget process as required.
· Makes sure proper maintenance is performed on all vehicles.
· Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the vehicles by working with location managers and ensures that regular inspections and preventive maintenance programs are adhered to.
· Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees.
· Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
· Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies.
· Identify and monitor equipment sent to outside sources for repairs.
· Provide written reports, as well as other related results/metrics and updates.