Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Opportunity: The Sr. BI Developer is an experienced hands-on professional with extensive knowledge of information management, data warehousing and analytics technologies. The role will provide strategic and tactical direction in the areas of Business Intelligence Analytics, ETL Development, Data Modeling and assessment of Data Quality and Consistency across platforms, services and business units.
* Bring a "hands-on" perspective with analytics technologies and an understanding of the "right tool for the right job" promoting self Service BI/Data Discovery/Data Exploration/Hub-Spoke BI
* Ability to set the vision, gather requirements, gain business consensus, perform vendor and product evaluations, mentor business and develop resources, and deliver solutions
* Ability to drive strategy and implementation of enterprise data architectures, providing technical guidance to other resources, enforcing standards, identifying new data structures to support the programs of work, managing the enterprise data model, the maintenance of the data, and enterprise data integration approaches.
* Works with staff and customers to understand the business requirements and business processes, design data warehouse ("DW") schema and define extract-translate-load ("ETL") and/or extract-load-translate ("ELT") processes for DW.
* Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models, handling "slowly-changing" dimensions/attributes.
* Extensive expertise in MSSQL / Oracle database, as well as data modeling, conceptual, logical and physical models.
* Work with senior management & stakeholders to build the strategy and roadmap for the enterprise; including data modeling, implementation and data management for the enterprise data warehouse and advanced data analytics systems.
* Collaborate with the company's management teams to define, manage and maintain the Enterprise Data Model and Architecture framework in all its forms, including conceptual and logical forms.
* Establish a target architecture and roadmap, developing this as business evolves, using capability models to support an information-centric view
* Drive the overall technical and product strategy for the current and any future states of the data roadmap, helping to prioritize what matters most to the organization.
* Develop database and warehousing designs across multiple platforms and computing environments using various data technologies (RDBMS, NO SQL, Hadoop etc.)
* Liaise and advise Solution Architects and business people on matters of Enterprise Data Architecture
* Outstanding verbal, written and visual presentation skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledge of BI, ERP, ETL, MDM and Data Warehousing techniques, terminology, use and purpose.
* Understanding of information systems and data life-cycle management best practices and methodologies, formal systems engineering life cycle (SELC), and systems development life cycle (SDLC).
* Experience with business intelligence tools: Microsoft BI stack, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Snowflake, Talend, or StreamSets.
* Familiarity with Data Governance and Data Stewardship practices.
* Familiar with Agile development methodologies
* Knowledge of Data Quality Management best practices.
* Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices, particularly related to Enterprise Data Management (unstructured databases)
* Understanding of two or more industry standard frameworks, including DAMA, DMBOK, TOGAF or Zachman Framework
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Certifications):
* BS or MS degree in an appropriate area of specialization (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering)
* 5-7+ years of experience with information technology programs and services, with demonstrated expertise in enterprise data management and related technologies.
* Experience modeling, designing and integrating enterprise databases and data warehouses.
* Experience with Information Lifecycle Management including all security aspects such as Data Security, High Availability, and Disaster Recovery.
* Experience with enterprise data management technologies, including database platforms, ETL tools, and SQL.
* This position is in an office environment requiring the use of a keyboard, mouse and video display.
* Requires site visits and movement around the marine terminal environment within offices, yards and construction sites. Up to 15% travel.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Ports America is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex including pregnancy sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.