Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter. JOB OVERVIEW
As an Extrusion Engineer, you will focus on advancing the capabilities and services provided by the Plastics Extrusion department. You will partner with Operations and R&D customers. In this role you will understand the clinical challenge, translate that to material selection and development of technologies that result in high yielding manufacturable processes. This role may be filled at a Senior or Staff level depending on qualifications and experience. RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety, product quality and compliance with the Quality Manual and its governing regulations.
* Partner with Internal and External customers in the manufacture of catheter and delivery system components.
* Utilize comprehensive polymer knowledge (including fillers, marking additives and colorants) in the selection of materials for rapid product development.
* Develop novel and unique technologies and processes to deliver customer needs.
* Independently lead test method and process qualification & validation activities for the production of extruded catheter components or sub-assemblies.
* Create and execute new ideas not within work history.
* Perform engineering work related to design, procurement, fabrication, installation, documentation and qualification of manufacturing equipment, tooling and fixtures.
* Lead improvement efforts related to the stability and capability of extruded component or sub-assembly manufacturing, assist production on difficult extrusion issues.
* Identify and implement cost improvement projects.
* Work with technical team members (cross-functional and multi-site) to deliver technical extrusion projects.
* Provide effective Engineering support to production including troubleshooting problems and influencing key decisions.
* Train, mentor, and provide direction to Operators, Technicians, and more junior engineers.
* Manage, develop and support Lean Manufacturing activities
* Monitor, troubleshoot and correct process variations resulting in lost manufacturing opportunities WHAT YOUR BACKGROUND SHOULD LOOK LIKE:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering within a technical and/or materials discipline. Significant equivalent industry experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
* 5+ years of plastics extrusion industry experience
* 2+ years of medical device experience preferred, not required.
* Demonstrated history of development of new extrusion processes and technologies.
* Hands-on proficiency in process development of tapered tubing, multi lumen tubing, multi-layer tubing and wire and substrate coating.
* Ability to draw from variety of disciplines and industries and technologies to create innovative solutions.
* Know-how in different sizing techniques including contact and non-contact vacuum sizing
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, customers, and external regulatory officials. Technical reporting and excellent note records keeping required.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation