Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Job Description *
To remove surface and subsurface defects from castings in order to meet customer specifications.
Objective: to review inspection paperwork, and grind and blend defect areas on castings; to blend welds to blueprint tolerances.
A. Reviews x-ray/inspection paperwork, sketches and blueprints to determine grinding requirements.
B. Removes surface and blind cavity defects from castings using rotary files, burrs, abrasives or belts to prepare castings for repair.
C. Blends and reworks repaired areas to specified tolerances; may use hand-held sandblaster.
Objective: to assure compliance with customer specifications.
A. Verifies dimensional compliance using micrometers, calipers, ultrasonic testing and similar types of dimensional inspection devices.
B. Performs fluorescent penetrant inspection tests on parts to verify removal of surface and subsurface defects; applies penetrant, lets dry, washes off and inspects for defects.
3. Completes logs and records.
4. Provides work direction and training to junior-level grinders
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
NOTE: for job positions that require respiratory protection (more than a filtering face piece dust mask):
In compliance with the Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division Personal Protective Equipment standard for Respiratory Protection, OAR 437, Div. 2/I 1910.134 and Oregon Health Division Rules for the Control of Radiation, OAR 333. Div. 120 (333-120-300 through 330), certain tasks within this job position require/may require the use of a NIOSH-approved respirator. An individual will not be assigned to these tasks if the person is not able to work under these conditions. Respirator selection will be based on the work performed, exposure information, duration of use and any other relevant factors. If a tight-fitting respirator is required, facial hair, temple pieces on glasses or other items that interferes with the face-to-face piece seal of the respirator are not permitted.
A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
B. Safely operates all equipment and tools.
C. Identifies and reports safety problems.
D. May be required to handle hazardous waste.
6. Performs other tasks as directed.
1. Training is provided on the job.
2. Rework Analyst, Visual Dimensional and Penetrant Inspection Courses preferred.
3. May be required to complete hazardous waste management training.
1. Grinding skills and working knowledge of grinding tools, equipment, and materials.
An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
2. Basic ability to follow instructions, read, write, and perform arithmetic calculations.
3. Ability to use and read dimensional tools including calipers, gauges and micrometers.
4. Ability to read, interpret, and follow specifications on Tech Cards and Process Control Procedures.
5. Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing thirty to fifty pounds and occasionally up to eighty pounds.
6. Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes, awkward physical positions and other elements for extended periods of time.
INDIVIDUALS MAY HAVE CONTACT WITH OR BE REQUIRED TO HANDLE HAZARDOUS WASTE.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov