Posted in General Business 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Assists with the day-to-day administrative project management and may provide scientific direction for research projects of considerable scope and complexity.
Provide day to day project management and coordination for Texas State Initiatives, and research projects.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Provides day-to-day project management coordination for research projects to include personnel, facilities, supplies in support of research project desired outcomes, budgets, and timeliness.
2. Assists in the preparation of progress reports and grant proposals to both private foundations and governmental agencies; works closely with the Office of Sponsored Projects on the submission of grants.
3. Assists with the preparation of budgets, initiates re-budgeting requests based on needs of research staff, and authorizes expenditures for multiple projects. Attends research-planning meetings to assist in the preparation of budget drafts for departmental leadership approval.
4. Prepares annual progress reports and applications for various committees and ensures that all staff has received the proper training/attended the appropriate training courses.
5. Maintains confidential records of collected data, ensures accuracy and integrity of data. Data may include patient data and departmental programmatic data.
6. Prepares draft reports and communications for the departmental program/division leadership.
7. Interacts with representatives from state, federal, and private agencies regarding proposals and funded projects.
8. Provides work administrative direction and guidance to administrative staff personnel within department.
9. May review contracts and develop training.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Working knowledge of MS Office.
Working Knowledge of SharePoint preferred
Working Knowledge of SecureStor preferred
Bachelor's degree required. Equivalent level of education and/or experience may substitute for education requirement.
Two years of relevant experience. May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215