Posted in General Business 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Engineer with mechanical knowledge, good communication skills, knowledgeable of predictive and preventive maintenance technologies, knowledge and skills with gas processing equipment design and inspection, development of projects and cost estimates for improvements and expansions of facilities, support equipment repairs and develop PSM Mechanical Integrity policies and procedures.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provide engineering support on PSM Mechanical Integrity (MI) requirements (e.g., inspections and repairs to pressure vessels and piping) for various processing units, often at multiple/concurrent time frames;
• Prepare Mechanical Integrity inspection bid and bid tabulation documents;
• Actively develop new Mechanical Integrity procedures and support and assure compliance to all Company policies and procedures;
• Work with operations, engineering, contract and safety personnel on all aspects of equipment integrity including determination of asset criticality, RBI analysis, mapping of corrosion circuits and CML, etc.;
• Evaluate equipment problems and conduct root cause failure analysis investigations on failed equipment, develop action plans to eliminate repeat failures, and implement corrective actions, as necessary;
• Work with operations to identify key areas for reliability improvements and develop action plans to drive higher asset availability;
• Load mechanical integrity related asset information and inspection data in the PCMS database;
• Provide technical support for capital projects with engineering expertise for specification, design and construction of projects in accordance with company requirements, industry standards and regulatory codes;
• Optimize preventative maintenance tasks and activities, identify gaps and develop corrective actions plans, drive implementation and evaluate improvement performance;
• Ensure that the Company budget forecasting and accrual processes are properly implemented and followed on assigned projects;
• Work with Company and non-company personnel, take direction from manager(s), focus attention on details, follow work rules, and adhere to work schedules.
**Position may be filled at various levels depending on experience and job skills of successful candidate.
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of four (4) years of experience or a combination of equivalent education, training and experience.
Experience / specific knowledge:
• Previous engineering experience in an OSHA defined process facility.
• Knowledge and understanding of mechanical integrity principles and their application in a process facility.
• Ability to read and interpret P&IDs, pressure equipment data sheets, and other mechanical integrity related documents.
• Knowledge of pipe specifications, ASME Boiler and Pressure vessel Code (Section VIII, Division 1), ASME process piping standard (B31.3).
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
• Must possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability requirements.
• May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties.
• Must be able to obtain certification as an API 510 and API 570 inspector.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Computer skills (competent in MS Office, various operating systems, and other company software).
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus.
• Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
• Ability to speak and understand English.
• Successful completion of background check and drug screen prior to hire.
• Job level commensurate with experience.
• Travel may be required, but will vary depending upon business needs.
• Must be willing and able to carry a cell phone and respond as needed.
• Extended periods of sitting may be required.
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
• Operational experience and knowledge of natural gas processing facilities and equipment.
• Familiarity and understanding of the OSHA 1910.119 PSM and EPA 29 CFR Part 68 Risk Management Standards with emphasis on Mechanical Integrity requirements.
• Prefer training/certification in API 510, 570, 580 and 653.
• Natural gas process facility equipment design and evaluation experience, both existing and new facilities.
• Prefer experience with PCMS asset integrity management database.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.