Posted in General Business 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
The Senior Auditor is an "Auditor-in-Charge" on the Asset Management (AM) team, who will be the point person for providing direct oversight and execution of successful audit engagements. The person performing this role will be responsible for supporting Audit Manager in executing the Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) audit plan. Specifically, the person will assist in developing the scope of the audit, devising an appropriate testing approach to be performed during the engagement, and leading the auditors assigned to the project to an effective outcome. In this role, the Senior Auditor will actively engage with senior members of NTAM management. The role also involves utilizing technical expertise, including data analytics, and providing training to auditors within the engagement's audit team.
Leadership and Management
• Establish and develop strong working relationships and open communication with key stakeholders as well as Audit Managers and junior audit staff;
• As the "Auditor-in-Charge" for a particular audit, monitor progress and budget for the audit, and escalate significant budget variances/delays to Audit Manager;
• Take action to learn and develop skills/knowledge proactively across various auditable entities, and assist with developing junior auditors staffed on audits including providing clarification and feedback on specific tasks and workpapers;
• Stay abreast and maintain knowledge of regulatory developments and industry trends, and assist with continuous monitoring and knowledge sharing efforts.
• Experience in implementing and utilizing quantitative approaches and data analytical tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel, SAS, R) during the audit engagement;
• Working knowledge of asset management, , investment portfolio, and investment operations.
• Execute testing applying both quantitative and qualitative analysis in adherence with approved scope and test steps;
• Conduct complex, cross-functional, technically difficult, and high risk audit engagements throughout the Corporation with appropriate attention to detail;
• Demonstrate a deep analytical approach to understand risks, controls, and identify control gaps in processes across the business unit/corporate function;
• Lead planning for audits assigned including developing an appropriate scope that captures key/high risk areas and alignment with regulatory requirements/expectations;
• Develop risks, controls and corresponding test steps and review those prepared by junior auditors;
• Execute tests of design and tests of operating effectiveness proficiently, inclusive of more advanced audit techniques involving re-performance, reconciliation, and data manipulation in order to assess the completeness and accuracy of data;
• Ensure audit work including workpaper documentation, findings, and the final report adheres to Audit Services methodology and are clear, thorough but concise, and adequately support findings;
• Communicate and support initial findings to senior management/stakeholders for challenge and discussion;
• Translate initial findings into formal draft issues and audit report content and assist Audit Manager with finalizing;
• Assist in preparation of presentations to the Board, Audit Committee and senior management;
• Review work of junior members on the audit ensuring that auditing standards and department methodology expectations have been met
• Perform issue validation and assist junior staff with issue validation as necessary;
• Assist with ad hoc projects as necessary (e.g., updating audit universe auditable entities, risk-based audit cycling analysis, etc.)
• Generally 3+ years of auditing experience in a financial institution or in a public auditing/consulting firm, in conjunction with relevant experience in asset management,investment portfolio, or investment operations;
• Demonstrated proficiency in evidencing strong analytical, project management, and problem solving skills;
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills;
• Strong business skills and general business acumen;
• Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment;
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines;
• Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment;
• A College or University degree;
• A Master's Degree (or other graduate program) and/or FRM, PRM, CFA and/or CIA certification is preferred, but not mandatory.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.