Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Reports to the Director, Patient Care Services. Provides patient care, under the close direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. Patient care experiences will include assessments of assigned patients, documentation of observed findings, performance of sterile and non-sterile prescribed treatments and procedures. Specific tasks to be performed are determined based upon patient care unit assignments and may include some or all of the duties listed below. Experiences will be provided to facilitate clinical extern communications with multiple health team members. Joins a cohort group of students pursuing a career in nursing, participating in various leadership and professional development trainings.
MISSION & VISION
Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community's provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
Education and Experience
The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are acquired through the successful completion of the junior year (or within one year of graduation) from an accredited nursing program with a Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above and CPR certification.
Knowledge & Skills
1. Requires knowledge of and beginning competencies in performing short term nursing care assessments, plans, interventions, and evaluations, including procedures, treatments, and techniques utilized within as assigned clinical area.
2. Demonstrates beginning knowledge of the functions, uses, and theory behind the equipment and procedures necessary to care for patients in assigned area.
3. Requires analytical skills necessary to utilized previously learned material in new and concrete situations.
4. Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, staff members, and physicians.
5. Demonstrates ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner in order to report appropriate information needed by other health team members and to instruct patients and their families.
6. Demonstrates guest relation skills necessary to present self as a neat, clean, courteous, and caring professional that projects a positive image of the unit and hospital.
7. Requires physical stamina to remain on feet and walk for long periods of time, push wheelchairs and carts, to lift or pull patients or supplies, to provide CPR, etc.
8. Requires fine motor skills for manipulation of highly technical equipment used to meet patient care needs, manual dexterity to meet the essential job duties, and visual acuity to observe and care for patients.
1. Works in a patient care environment requiring physical exertion, frequent changes in job demands, certain undesirable patient care activities, and exposure to biohazards.
2. Consequence of errors may result in patient injury or death.
Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds, to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted, over 35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position.