Posted in Information Technology 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
This position is for an AGV software engineer located in Holland, MI. Basic responsibilities include development, configuration, and testing of software which runs on automated guided vehicles (AGVs) in an industrial environment. This work is done in a dynamic team environment and involves interactions with other groups within the company to determine requirements, support installations, and address issues as they arise.
· Analyzing customer / internal requirements
· Researching, designing, implementing, testing, and debugging a variety of AGV software functions including:
o Pick / Drop job sequencing
o Product / Environment scanning and analysis
o Motion control loops
o Graphical user interface
· Investigating issues to get to their root cause and resolving them appropriately
· Remotely supporting site personnel during system commissioning
· Configuring AGV software utilizing documentation from hardware engineering
· Creating / Updating documentation
· Traveling to job sites to support commissioning and/or address AGV software issues
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· 1-2 years of successful experience in a related role
· Object-oriented (C++, C#, Java, etc.) programming experience
· Ability to work well within a team environment
· Quality-oriented and customer-focused
· Knowledge of material handling
· Participation in an AGILE software development environment
· Knowledge of git source control
· Experience with Delphi / pascal programming
· Experience with multi-threaded applications
· Experience with writing detailed documentation
· Experience with various test frameworks
· Experience with electrical / mechanical engineering
· Up to 20% travel (including international)