We are seeking energetic and talented people with the desire to elevate their career to the next level to add to our dynamic team. Here at CarlisleIT, our mission is to 'Make the Amazing Possible by Making Critical Connections When Performance Matters'. Join a great team and enjoy competitive pay, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, immediate full vesting in the 401(k) company match, health, dental, vision and much more. Check out the opportunities today to grow your career with CarlisleIT.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies (CIT) - Pottstown has a great opportunity for a Manufacturing Associate to join our team! The Manufacturing Associate performs manufacturing activities including the production and inspection of product to ensure it meets customer requirements. The Manufacturing Associate will operate machine processes and/or use hand-work methods in the manufacturing of these products within the cable production areas.
Work Hours: Sunday-Thursday 8:45pm-4:45am
Special $500.00 sign-on bonus for new or rehires for the evening shift and night shift only after successful completion of 90 day probationary period!!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Convert raw materials into finished product using machines and/or hand-processing.
Build product to standard rate.
Complete product and process inspections
Complete product and material changeovers (either in entirety or in portions as assigned depending on the complexity of the changeover assigned).
Work safely and look-out for the safety of others
Keep area clean and organized
Maintain required certifications (if applicable)
Interface with computer software to find documents and complete data entry.
In conjunction with engineering and quality make process recommendations and adjustments to increase productivity in the production cell.
Adopt a total quality mindset and ensure process quality in each step of the manufacturing process
Participate in Kaizen and other COS activities as needed.
Perform job duties in order to meet quality, cost, and on-time delivery goals.
Able to work overtime as assigned.
Willing and able to support continuous improvement activities.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
*Other duties may be assigned*
Must be able to work in a factory environment and related activities
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
Qualified candidates must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses are required for the job when in the manufacturing areas. Safety toed shoes or boots (ASTM 2413-11 standard) are required in specific manufacturing areas. QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent
Manufacturing Associate I:
• COMPLEXITY OF WORK: 1-2 years of manufacturing or related experience. Able to meet standard rates and produce product that consistently meets customer requirements. Ability to multitask. High level of detail orientation. Able to follow detailed work instructions. Able to use basic hand tools and gages. Basic mathematical skills. Able to communicate effectively using both verbal and written means.
• TROUBLESHOOTING: Able to identify problems clearly and communicate effectively. Able to provide input to problem solving teams.
• TRAINING: Can train others on basic and common job functions.
o Manufacturing Associate II:
• COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Demonstrated success as Manufacturing Associate I (One-year minimum experience as a Level 1 Operator. External experience will be considered). Demonstrates strong process related capabilities. Able to perform minor preventative maintenance tasks or complete minor repairs. Can successfully oversee R&D Production Runs. Able to perform more complex tasks within the department assigned. Successfully completes changeovers tasks as assigned.
• TROUBLE-SHOOTING: Able to Identify and assess problems and root-cause. Can solve and correct common problems.
• TRAINING: Can train others on multiple processes or complex processes.
o Manufacturing Associate III:
• COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Has demonstrated consist success as a Manufacturing Associate II. Skill level is advanced. Demonstrates advanced process, technical, and analytical capabilities. Subject Matter Expert and/or "Go-to-Person" for a particular process. Typical minimum of 5 years of experience
• TROUBLE-SHOOTING: Can solve complex problems. Develops root-cause and implements corrective action. Demonstrates expert level understanding of assigned process(s).
• TRAINING: Clearly a Subject Matter Expert. Facilitates Work Instruction updates. Can train others on complex processes as demonstrated by student effectiveness. Can complete group training.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Manufacturing experience in a custom make to order environment
Work effectively as a Team Member and maintain a positive attitude.
Work at fast pace to ensure product ships to customers per schedule.
Willing and able to cross-train and be effective in various processes.
Good oral and written communications skills -- able to explain complex operations and methods clearly and concisely. Technical writing experience preferred.
Able to participate in and advise cross functional project teams
Co-operates with others and treats all with respect.
Accepts responsibility for own actions. Willingly accepts feedback from others.