The Distribution Supervisor has responsibility for managing drivers for the distribution function. This role will be accountable for meeting all financial commitments, will own safety, and will ensure customer expectations are met all the time, every time. The Distribution Supervisor will be responsible for demonstrating the Dean Foods Guiding Principles and utilizing Continuous Improvement (CI) resources in building team capability and unity. He/she will have specific budget accountability and will ensure integration of Dean Foods operating principles for the location(s) for which they have responsibility.
• Sets work schedules, ensuring coverage of each route.
• Maintains focus and responds constructively to daily routing situations. Acts decisively at the right time.
• Deals effectively with routing and customer situations.
• Trains drivers to merchandise products if required.
• Utilizes data from XATA and other sources to manage KPI's.
• Ensures driver safety training conducted and coaches safe driving practices.
• Optimizes distribution productivity.
• Ensures compliance with any DOT regulations; keeps informed of regulatory and logistical issues.
• Coaches and develops each driver by demonstrating skills and route riding on regular basis.
• Encourages others to work as a team. Provides input and guidance to team.
• Establishes direction and helps senior management identify resources and remove barriers to goals.
• Helps sustain a culture that encourages commitment to quality service and high performance.
• Solves problems with desire to produce exceptional results.
• Coordinates and dispatches special deliveries.
• Manages customer complaints.
• Applies knowledge of basic Distribution techniques and concepts. Uses good judgment to handle issues and problems.
• Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
• Provides for the supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
• Committed to product quality and contributes to the best management practices in maintaining or reaching quality goals.
• Models, leads, and trains staff to ensure continuous improvement in all areas relevant to position.
• Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics. This includes following company policies, standards and specifications.
• Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
• Leads a team of drivers within the market ensuring proper coaching, training, performance management and talent management for direct reports.
• Collaboratively develops and executes specific technical training ensuring driver skill levels are in line with company expectations.
• Ensures optimization and care for all distribution and fleet assets ensuring proper maintenance.
• Owns Safety Culture, ensuring a safe work environment and that employees use safe work methods.
• Ensures execution of Dean Foods standard operating processes.
• Ensures proper employee relations culture and programs are executed.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory (OSHA, DOT, EPA) requirements.
• High school graduate or equivalent required • Bachelor's degree preferred in business, or related field • 2 years experience Experience should include research and cost reporting procedures, budgeting, inventory control as well experience in routing software, GPS systems and routing optimization. • Strong DSD (direct store delivery) background. • Experience with handheld computers, ASN, SBT, Scanning, and other store receiving platforms. • Proficient in use of MS Office Suite. • Project management skills. • Financial skills to understand and analyze budgets. • Regulatory knowledge in applicable federal, state and local guidelines (DOT, OSHA, DMV). • Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written). • Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.