Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Working independently, the Senior Benefits Analyst gathers, evaluates, and analyzes a wide variety of data and information, providing functional, technical and strategic support for GameStop's Benefits programs. The Senior Benefits Analyst also provides analysis to ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements and troubleshooting as necessary. Principal outcomes include targeted business intelligence to support strategic decision-making. The role will interact with his or her supervisor as needed by either. Most activities are completed without a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, break down high-level information and summarize detailed information to facilitate understanding; make recommendations to support Company initiatives
* Utilize internal and external vendor systems to run queries and format reports on a periodic basis
* Perform routine to complex data audits, validation, and reconciliation to identify and rectify data discrepancies.
* Monitor processes and data integrations to ensure functional accuracy of payroll contributions and deductions
* Generate ad hoc reports for internal and external customers as needed
* Maintain the confidentiality and security of data accessed during the course of daily activities
* Act as the benefits vendor liaison during implementations and perpetual functionality
* Research, evaluate, and interpret the regulations and policies established by the Company and local, state and federal law
* Monitor new and evolving benefits legislation and provide compliance action recommendations
* Provide analytical support for compliance initiatives and Legal requests
* Address escalated department and customer issues as required
* Perform other related duties and helps with special projects as required
* Business Acumen - Using market and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one's own understanding of major business functions, industry trends and GameStop's position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
* Customer Focus - Ensuring that the customer (employee) perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customer's (employee's) and GameStop's needs.
* Information Monitoring - Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
* Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* High school diploma or GED required; bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources management or related field from an accredited program preferred
* At least 5 years of experience in an Human Resource and/or Benefits-related analytical role required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Expert ability to recognize discrepancies/errors in written/recorded data/information including the ability to initiate and respond to work errors in a professional manner, working collaboratively and cooperatively with others
* Demonstrated capacity for gathering/scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
* Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
* Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
* Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
* Demonstrated ability to champion, model, and influence others with customer-focused behaviors that lead to outstanding customer experiences, including the ability to provide sympathetic, effective counseling to employees regarding benefits matters
* Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
* Proficient knowledge of HR Management software such as Workday, PeopleSoft or similar system
* Ability to work collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
* Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities