Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Job ID: 16425
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5B.
AMETEK is well positioned in highly competitive market segments, each with compelling growth characteristics. We expect continued business growth through the execution of our four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, New Products, and Global & Market Expansion. Supporting those strategies are 18,000 associates employed across 30 countries.
At AMETEK, we are committed to a corporate culture that values diversity and fosters a work environment that enables colleagues to develop meaningful and rewarding careers. We consider ourselves responsible corporate citizens and are committed to operating our facilities in an environmentally responsible manner. We also are sensitive to the needs of our communities, and, as a company, support programs that help those communities meet their health, education and social needs.
AMETEK is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AME) and a component of the S&P 500.
Next Level HR!
This is a pivotal time for the AMETEK global HR organization.
We’re embarking on a transformation to take HR to the next level. Our global HR team plays an important role in supporting international operations while developing best in class tools, resources, and best practices.
HKP has long been recognized as a world leader in engineering and manufacturing of advanced linear and rotary motion solutions in such markets as medical equipment, industrial automation, laboratory instrumentation, semiconductor, transportation, and business machines.
Headquartered in Waterbury, CT, HKP employs about 300 colleagues around the world and operates major facilities in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Mexico, and China. Acquired by AMETEK in 2010, HKP is a unit within AMETEK’s Advanced Motion Solutions Division, a recognized global leader in world-class precision motion control and dynamic fluid solutions.
The Human Resources Intern will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects to drive next level HR.
Projects may include involvement with the following initiatives:
• Tracking and reporting of HR metrics, targets, and goals
• Total Compensation analysis and standardization
• Employee and Community Relations
• Global Succession Planning and Development plans
• Elevating standard HR functions
• Updating and revising job descriptions
Other tasks may include:
• Data entry and ADP HRIS utilization
• Handling unemployment claims
• Performing HR audit reports
• Assist in implementing HR policies and procedures
This position reports directly to the HR Director, HKP.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Human Resource Management, or related field.
• Able to work part-time during school sessions and full-time during breaks
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; strong analytical abilities preferred
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral) required
• Demonstrated track record of organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Has strong problem solving and critical thinking skills to proactively find new ways to solve problems and identify resources.
• Must be passionate about taking on new challenges and opportunities with a positive, entrepreneurial spirit.
• Is not afraid to ask questions and recommend solutions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.