Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as an Executive Assistant to the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As an Executive Assistant to the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, you'll perform advanced, diversified, and confidential administrative support activities for the General Counsel, Legal Team, and leadership team. You may assist one or more executive leaders in a staff capacity by handling a wide variety of situations involving administrative office functions, relieving executive leaders of all administrative detail. You'll perform all duties in a highly confidential and professional manner. You'll also work with the CEO's Executive Assistant to support the initiatives of the leadership team, Board of Directors, and other special projects.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
* Create presentations, reports, and other documents for a wide variety of audiences, including the Board of Directors, leadership meetings, etc.
* Organize and use your creative abilities to develop professional presentations from outline material.
* Effectively and professionally interact with a variety of internal and external people at all levels of the organization, including the leadership team.
* Handle multiple projects and administrative tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
* Maintain and update administrative records and process and track expense information related to leader/department activities.
* Manage the budget for the Legal Department.
* Operate standard office equipment and personal computers using standard and advanced office automation software and mobile telecommunication tools.
* Plan and coordinate complex administrative assignments and manage projects within and/or across functional areas.
* Gather, organize, and assess information, and develop and prepare recommendations.
* Schedule and maintain a calendar of appointments, perform domestic and international travel arrangements, and coordinate off-site meetings and related set-up arrangements.
* Screen telephone calls, visitors, and correspondence of a highly critical business nature and resolve routine and complex inquiries as appropriate.
* Serve as a trusted resource and confidant to executive(s) and their teams.
* Prepare routine and non-routine correspondence, memoranda, reports, material for presentations, and other documents with the highest degree of accuracy and detail.
* Compose documents for executive review and approval.
* Work with and ensure highly confidential and proprietary information.
* Work with the CEOs Executive Assistant to support the initiatives of the Office of the CEO (i.e., prepare and consolidate meeting materials, presentations, BOD Portal maintenance, etc.).
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who were looking for if you have...
* A Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field, or equivalent experience.
* Seven to ten years of administrative support experience.
* Five years of experience supporting executive-level positions.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience with developing and delivering presentations.
* An ability to read the room, manage up, down, and sideways, and communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence.
* Strong proficiency and experience with troubleshooting Microsoft Office and knowledge of relevant software.
* Expertise handling detailed work in an independent, professional, and confidential manner.
* A broad and comprehensive experience in, skill, and knowledge of Herman Miller policies and business practices.
* The ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously in time critical situations with an ability to prioritize work.
* The ability to support multiple senior executives.
* An ability and willingness to travel as needed to achieve business objectives.
* The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.