Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Position: Production Specialist
Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn t changed our tight-knit feel we ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Shift Supervisor, a Production Specialist is responsible for the safe operation of production equipment using standard operating procedures. Responsibilities include providing assistance in various areas of our manufacturing process as directed. Strive to meet plant goals and customer requirements. Safety is the top priority of every employee.
Day to day responsibilities include:
* Operators are required to maintain a satisfactory attendance record
* Finished goods must be within specification and quality expectations
* Ability to manipulate objects demonstrating mental/muscular coordination
* Accurate calculation and documentation of production and scrap information as required
* Effective communication skills including the ability to receive and follow direction and provide feedback as required
* Capable of basic computer navigation and entry
The position is in our Metal Ends plant in Wausau, WI. We produce metal ends for both composite and metal cans serving some of the world s best known brands.
* Work Schedule is 40-48 hours/week
* Frequently lifting and carrying up to 20# with ability to lift up to 40#
* Bending, twisting, reaching frequently
* Repetitive finger/hand/wrist movement
* Continuous standing/walking on concrete surface (8-12Hours)
* Function as part of departmental team to maintain 6S levels and participate in area audits
* Carry out additional duties as requested by supervisor
The above description only includes the principle functions and duties that are considered material to the proper identification and classification of the job. It is not a limitation or restriction of work requirements or duties of this job. The information listed is not to be interpreted to include all of the details required in performance of the job.
At Sonoco, we care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!
Sonoco is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.