Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
The Battery is one of the most complex and challenging components designed and manufactured at Tesla. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Tesla s world class manufacturing facilities. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of an incredibly exciting product.
The Quality Engineering Manager will lead mass production cell projects that impact quality, Tesla manufacturability, safety, cost, and field reliability while working in a cross-functional team throughout the entire product lifecycle, launch into manufacturing, and mass production. You will guide design decisions, contribute to specification requirements, collaborate on cell material and process development projects, define and maintain quality assurance processes and controls. You will work closely with Design Engineering, Process, Equipment and Production teams to take battery design changes and new battery designs from initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/She looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job, and stepping up to lead whenever required. Proven track record of building new teams and leading complex high-volume product and manufacturing projects in areas such cell/battery production, semiconductor, integrated circuits, displays, and related fields that require high cleanliness, automation, traceability and precision for defects per billion rates.
* Build and direct the product quality function, work scope includes leading engineering, incoming, production and operational quality organizations.
* Drive cross functional projects with manufacturing, supply chain, production quality, and research teams to test existing and determine new product specifications and tolerances.
* Lead quality reviews during the launch and ramp period, support plant and company leadership to make right decisions,
* Organize and prioritize work with minimal guidance and manage priorities, projects and special requests in a timely and effective manner.
* Lead FMEA activities to ensure design and manufacturing issues are identified and risks mitigated.
* Provide Design for Manufacturability (DFM) feedback to engineering as well as participate in DFM reviews.
* Address field failures by driving architecture, engineering, and manufacturing changes to improve product quality.
* Continue improvements efforts of quality data systems, first pass yield, scrap and continuous improvement opportunities in order to implement the best practices in operations.
* Set and maintain the most up to date standards for product quality related.
* Good interpersonal skills of manage tough and challenge project with little guidance to work independently.
* Excellent problem-solver, have a strong quality & customer-focused mindset, and have the personal drive for success with professional skills.
* Be able to work through ambiguity and changes, with support to the cross functional teams of quality efforts.
* Bachelor or above degree in mechanical, electrical, chemical or industrial engineering. Li-ion battery, aerospace or automotive engineering related fields.
* 10+ years of experience in product quality, quality system or program quality in high volume manufacturing environment
* Experience of supervision teams in a fast-paced environment
* Proven record of transitioning products from prototype to production
* Experience introducing new equipment and new processes into a production environment
* Excellent knowledge of quality problem solving methods, Six Sigma black belt is a plus.
* Detail oriented, ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, flexibility to reorganize and reschedule work on short notice to meet tight deadlines, have a strong quality mindset, and enjoy working in a team environment.
* Clear verbal, written, and presentation communication skills in bilingual.
* Strong interpersonal skills; Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across business levels and functions.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.