Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Electrician- PLC Expert, Georgetown, South Carolina
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by providing world class training and education, advancement opportunities and competitive benefits. You will work with the industry's latest technology in clean, safe and modern facilities. At Interfor, we live by our Core Values and our mission is to build value in everything we do, every day. We are one of the largest, most diverse lumber companies in the world and we're growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success!
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our Maintenance Team in Georgetown, SC. Starting rate for an Electrician is $23.27 per hour with the potential to grow to$34.57 per hour based on skill level and experience.
What You'll Do
· Troubleshoot, repair, and install electrical equipment to help meet production goals
· Troubleshoot and maintain three (3) phase electrical systems
· Diagnose cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and perform preventive and corrective maintenance
· Effectively resolve production problems in a timely manner
· Troubleshoot low voltage systems
· Assemble and test experimental motor control devices, switch panels, transformers, solenoids and other electrical equipment and components
· Hands on involvement in machinery troubleshooting.
· Work in conjunction with maintenance and operations staff to maximize machine center performance and improvement.
What You'll Offer
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
· Comprehensive understanding of electrical distribution (MCC's, Transformers).
· Comprehensive knowledge of PLC's including advanced programming. ·
· Comprehensive knowledge of variable frequency drives, AC/DC motors and their controls.
· Comprehensive knowledge of pneumatic and electronic instrumentation.
· Understanding of wireless technology implementation.
· Detail and results oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
· Experience utilizing a CMMS for electrical work order management
· PLC and HMI programming experience.
· Post-secondary education is preferred
Ready to start your career? Apply at www.interfor.com/careers
All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.Key Responsibilities: