QA Analyst, Level II
- Prepare formal test plans to validate and support new features, enhancements and/or the development of new products.
- Perform various testing of IT development projects including new features/enhancements and/or new products in both the front and back-end company systems.
- Create and/or document test cases and/or scripts, including user acceptance test cases.
- Able to take a lead role on major projects and/or multiple projects simultaneously.
- Adhere to standard QA processes and Business Development Life Cycle methodology.
- Able to identify problem areas and recommend revising existing processes to reach successful outcomes.
- Review functional and technical specifications; perform gap analysis.
- Test/validate the technical approach used meets business and/or user requirements.
- Track, manage and re-test defects to ensure issues have been resolved.
- Work closely with business users and development team to complete projects on time.
- Perform detailed analysis of large volumes of data and work with developers to correct data errors and improve data accuracy.
- Build and maintain all forms of test documentation.
What makes you a good fit for this role?
- 5+ years of Software QA industry experience required
- SQL skills are a must; C++ and/or Perl knowledge is a plus
- Have a passion and take the initiative to solve problems and overcome roadblocks
- Experience in preparing formal test plans, designing and executing test cases and/or scripts
- Familiarity with standard QA practices and procedures and ability to recognize problem areas and recommend practical solutions
- Proficiency in all types of testing including functional, integration, performance, system and regression testing
- Desire to analyze data, looking for patterns and anomalies (i.e. a “data person”)
- Ability to work both independently and with business users and developers
- Strong attention to detail, outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- A high energy level, sense of urgency, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Function - Tech Dev and Client Services