Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
Job Req ID: 8482
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Supermicro is looking for a Sr. Solutions Architect who can lead the technical engagements with datacenter or enterprise customers. This individual will not only have the broad and in-depth understanding of datacenter applications and IT infrastructure, he or she will also be willing to practice his or her years of hands-on experiences in system engineering and debugging activities. The Solution Architect will be responsible as a technology advisor, and oversee the infrastructure solution delivery to Supermicro's strategic customers in the datacenter and enterprise market segments.
This role requires influencing multiple internal teams to deliver high quality products to meet customer expectations and to facilitate product improvements through new feature definition and proof of concept planning and execution.ents through new feature definition and proof of concept planning and execution.
• Lead cross team efforts to design and engineer data center IT solution proposals to influence and win enterprise customer decision on RFI, and RFP.
• Lead engineering, service and technical support organizations to resolve all customer issues ensuring operational excellence in post-sales system and technology deployments.
• Design and define next-generation server system architecture and work with product managers to manage product development cycles and customer delivery.
• Execute benchmark testing and build proof of concepts based on latest data center technologies and Supermicro server products.
• Proactively engage in learning and researching new technologies and products to propose new Proof of Concepts.
• The role will require up to 30% of domestic and international travel.
• Education and/or Experience: BS/MS EE, CE or ME
• 8 years of server system engineering experience
• 8 years of enterprise or enterprise customer facing experiences.
• Strong knowledge in server system/storage/networking architecture/technologies and OS concept required, and knowledge in distributed computing a plus.
• Experiences in configuring Windows Server, Ubuntu, Redhat Enterprise Linux.
• Experiences in specific domains, Cloud, 5G, Big Data, AI, or Security a plus.
• Experiences in scripting languages (Powershell, Linux Shell) a plus.
• Experiences in technical writing and good communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.