Posted in Aviation/Aerospace 30+ days ago.
Founded in 1958, Great Lakes Cheese is the largest packager of natural cheese in the United States. We are proud to offer our retail, foodservice, and co-pack customers with award-winning natural and processed bulk, shredded, and sliced cheeses.
At Great Lakes Cheese, we believe in the value of values. We are true partners internally and externally, building on a foundation of respect and putting forth our best at every opportunity. This partnership approach has driven our tremendous growth and earned us awards such as the #8 Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio.
Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan makes every employee an owner. GLC Owners are problem solvers - they look for opportunities to help and take action. Our Owners are passionate about their work and eagerly advance their knowledge and capabilities. Most importantly, they act with integrity. At Great Lakes Cheese, we do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.
Join our Great Lakes Cheese family and own a piece of the action.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the efficient and safe operation of their assigned area. The Supervisor will ensure that all orders being processed and all material being received is done so according to approved procedures, SOP’s, and specifications. This position is responsible for meeting Warehouse schedules, deadlines, and ensuring that all SOP’s are adhered to, as well as, developing new procedures that will enhance the processes we follow today.
• Assure that the labor is distributed evenly throughout assigned areas in order to process customer orders efficiently.
• Complete daily schedule of employee work zones, organizes and sets up overtime crews and schedules temporary employees when required to efficiently complete workload.
• Assure that all material received and shipped meets all quality specifications.
• Provide assistance and guidance to warehouse employees, providing them with what they need to accomplish daily tasks and achieve goals.
• Maintain high level of communication with management, peers and subordinates.
• Conduct shift start up meetings and weekly updates ensuring timely communication of significant events.
• Ensure that ongoing, as well as, new hire training is completed and up-to-date.
• Manage and make sound/independent decisions relating to shipping / receiving issues.
• Delegate responsibilities as needed.
• Observe and evaluate warehouse processes and personnel.
• Schedule employee vacations and supervises attendance issues.
• Maintain accurate records and employee files.
• Lead and motivate by example.
• Ensure that freight being loaded on outbound trailers is loaded in accordance with the DOT and Customer shipping requirements.
• Process daily employee issues and complaints; listens well and provides tactful feedback.
• Facilitate and assist with special projects, customer requests, samples, cost savings, etc.
• Work closely with the production department to coordinate product needs for shipping purposes.
• Assist with selection, hiring, advancement, transfer, promotion and termination decisions for the department.
• Schedule hours and close out employee timecards.
• Evaluate employee performance.
• Administer discipline when needed.
• Assure a safe work environment and makes sure that any issues are solved.
• Perform cycle counts
• Responsible for the accurate and timely receipt of product.
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Manager.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
• 3 years of warehouse supervisory experience or more.
• 3 years of warehouse experience or more.
• In depth understanding of shipping and receiving processes and related equipment.
• Ability to make sound decisions based on standard practices.
• Ability to read and prepare shipping and receiving records/reports and comprehend production schedules/pick sheets.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead in a team based culture.
• The ability to follow-up on employee issues and brings employee conflicts to a satisfactory resolution.
• The ability to effectively manage time, coordinate multiple tasks, adjust schedules in order to meet deadlines and goals in a fast paced environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Experience in the use of a bar code driven (RF) operation.
Preferred Education and Experience
• SAP experience.
• Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
• Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
• Product weight: up to 50 lbs.
• Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.