Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This person provides for an ongoing program of programs and events designed to meet, in accordance with state and federal regulations, philosophy of whole person wellness and resident centered care.
Essential functions of the job:
• Plan, prepare, implement and supervise person-centered individual and group programs and events.
• Accurate and timely document (daily) resident attendance and level of enjoyment and participation in activities.
• Assists residents to and from daily activities and encourages participation in programming.
• Assist in completing comprehensive and quarterly assessments of each resident and participate in weekly care plan meetings.
• Assist senior coordinator with ordering / purchasing supplies
• Create monthly flyers and other publications / communications as requested or as needed.
• Distribute a community newsletter and/or calendar to residents and/or designated responsible parties.
• Arrange safe transportation and appropriate supervision for external activities.
• Ensure resident safety during all activities whether inside or outside the community complying with community safety.
• Assist residents with toileting, feeding and grooming.
• Ensure that each resident has received their daily mail.
• Assist with recruiting, training, coordination and supervision of volunteers in relation to Programs and Events.
• Assist in maintaining records for safety.
• Attend in-services and training, as required.
Education and experience required:
• High School diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred. (Preference for music or occupational therapy).
• A minimum of one year’s experience in activity planning or music, occupational or recreational therapy
• Knowledgeable in federal and state regulations in a Health Care setting.
• Certification in Activities Director is a plus (e.g NCCAP)
• Long-term acute rehab experience or other relevant experience is a plus