At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of 1,600+ schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other-that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Director, Partner Development Executive (Talent Marketing Services)
EAB - the market leader in higher education enrollment marketing - is seeking a talent marketing expert to help launch and grow the firm's newest initiative: helping leading employers better recruit entry-level talent. For 25+ years, EAB has helped hundreds of colleges attract and recruit millions of students. EAB will now leverage its data-driven student insights and robust, full-service marketing capabilities to help solve critical challenges facing talent acquisition leaders.
The Partner Development Executive (PDE) will leverage their deep experience in talent marketing to sell EAB's newest technology product. We hire persuasive sellers with a knack for teaching and explaining concepts -- people who are comfortable listening to business leaders and then mapping their problems to our solutions. As EAB's ambassadors and connectors, PDEs are pivotal to the growth of our firm. They help launch new programs and lines of business while generating revenue and expanding our impact on an industry that matters to everyone. This role will be highly visible in the organization with regular C-Suite interaction.
There is a strong preference for this role to be based in Richmond, VA (ideally) or Washington, DC. Exceptionally well-qualified remote candidates may also be considered.
• Prospect and build new business within an assigned territory; acquire new partners successfully
• Build relationships by meeting with companies' talent and operations leaders to discuss their strategic and operational challenges, present best practice solutions and effectively sell the vision of our capabilities
• Conduct onsite presentations, to educate prospective partners on our products and services
• Meet quarterly and annual revenue goals through management of a sales pipeline with pursuits in various stages of the evaluation process
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors
• Provide insights from sales visits to inform ongoing product development and refinement of go-to-market strategy for EAB's Talent Marketing Services and future employer market offerings
• Indirectly manage team member(s) to goals, providing formal feedback and guidance on professional development
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
• Must possess significant commercial experience, including a track record of successful sales ownership over a personal revenue target
• Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
• Ability to conduct presentations and facilitate group discussions
• Proven negotiation and persuasion skills
• Willingness to travel domestically at least 50%
• Valid Driver's License
• Must possess a minimum of six years post-undergrad experience in at least two of the following:
o Relevant talent or human resources technology best practices
o Experience in Sales, Account Management, and/or the equivalent
o Technology (SaaS) and/or consultative sales experience
• Desire to succeed in a sales environment and sell prospects on the current and future proposition of a product
• Experience selling SaaS products and technology systems, preferably to buyers of talent/human resources technologies
• Engaging and memorable presentation style; demonstrated ability to build rapport and credibility quickly with an executive-level audience
• Knowledge of core talent/HR technology systems and familiarity with SaaS purchasing processes and decision making
• Proven track record of success in achieving revenue quotas and sales targets
• Demonstrated ability to use active listening to diagnose a problem and map a solution in the moment
• Demonstrated creativity and initiative when it comes to problem solving and/or project ownership
• Resilience and comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
• Ability to indirectly manage an Associate to goal, coach and provide constructive formal and informal feedback
• Receptive to feedback, coaching and constructive criticism; ability to learn from mistakes
• Excellent writing, critical thinking and negotiation skills
• Experience identifying market trends, presenting in a leadership forum and leveraging to inform overall go-to-market strategy
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
• 401(k) retirement plan with company match
• 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
• Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
• Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
• Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
• Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
• Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
• Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
• Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to "make education smarter and our communities stronger" we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.