Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Karcher Post-Acute and Rehabilitation Center:
Karcher Estates is located in Nampa, Idaho just 20 miles west of Boise. The Karcher Estates campus is a perfect option for those who are interested in independent or assisted living options, as well as for those who may require short-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing care following a hospital stay, injury or illness. Our campus of care offers independent living, assisted living and post-acute skilled nursing and rehabilitative care to meet nearly every need you have.:
Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates embraces a philosophy of healthy, fulfilled living to encourage happiness and longevity, and we strive to help residents achieve the purposeful, active lifestyle that they desire through events, activities and educational opportunities.:
Karcher Post-Acute and Rehabilitation Center is with you every step of the way. Specializing in short-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing care, our goal is to help patients return home to their active, independent lifestyle. Our interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers and healthcare technicians are experts in providing a full range of health care services. We are able to adapt these services to each patient and their personal circumstances.:
Any Questions Contact: KarcherSNFAdministrator@prestigecare.com:
Prestige Care is about people helping people, and is rooted in a philosophy of caring based on our core values - respect, integrity, commitment, and trust - that are at the center of all we do. Our mission is to provide quality care, guided by a compassionate heart and our promise is to personally touch lives every day. At Prestige we offer a dynamic and collaborative environment where you will not only make a difference in the lives of others every day; you have the opportunity to grow professionally, learn new skills and advance your career.:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:::
We also offer a full benefits suite to eligible employees that includes the following:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Employer paid group life and ADD insruance
401(k) plan with company match
Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
Employee Assistance Program
Commitment to career development and continuing education
Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement
Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much more!
*Benefits may vary by location:::::
Coordinates the provision of medically-related social services to residents, allowing residents to attain the highest physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for obtaining and documenting the resident s psychosocial history uponadmission and updating quarterly and as resident s status changes, arranging counselingservices as necessary.
* Responsible for identifying and seeking ways to support residents individual needs andpreferences, customary routines, concerns and choices.
* Responsible for arranging and obtaining needed adaptive equipment, clothing, andpersonal items including making referrals and obtaining services from outside agencies.
* Responsible for arranging ancillary services including but not limited to dental,ophthalmology and audiology services.
* Coordinates social services by participating with the management team in care planningand development. This includes but is not limited to all MACC meetings.
* Responsible for coordinating and updating Behavior Monitors for all required residents.
* Ensures that all entries in the clinical record are informative and descriptive of the servicesprovided, while maintaining organized and orderly work records.
* Ensures comprehensive psychosocial and discharge care plans are in place for eachresident within 72 hours of the completion of the initial comprehensive assessment andupdated as needed and quarterly.
* Assists in the preparation of the department s budget and ensures that social servicesdepartment operates within established budget.
* Responsible for maintaining communication and contact with family, while encouragingtheir participation in care planning.
* Conducts and assists in coordinating resident and family support groups including the
development of programs for special needs residents.
* Provides discharge planning services by working with the facility management team, resident family or resident and physician.
* Responsible for following facility fire safety, hazardous material, and infection control practices report any unsafe conditions or equipment to administrator immediately.
* Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, promoting resident rights, dignity, and confidentiality standards.
* Attends and participates in training sessions, in-services, and staff meetings.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents families, visitors and staff.
Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, employees, the facility, and company information and records.
Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene, and appropriate attire.
This position does/does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential to success. Ability to creatively problem solve and be a team player, well organized, and flexible.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Must be a full-time, qualified social worker with a minimum of 1 year experience working in geriatrics in a facility with more than 120 beds as well as 1 year of supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals. A bachelor s degree in social work, human services or related field required.
Able to communicate effectively, in English, with personnel at all levels of the organization, with residents and their friends and family, and with members of the community. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Computer skills useful.
Ability to maintain basic financial records of expenditures of the department. Able to understand budgets.
Ability to accurately report resident medical information, problem-solve to meet those needs, and to evaluate results.