Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
# of Openings
Research & Development
Bio-Rad is looking for Research Associate or Senior Research Associate, Assay Development.
* You will work in an assay development team on the development of new Research Use Only (RUO) and in vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests for oncology using state-of-the-art droplet digital PCR (ddPCR) technology, in a multi-disciplinary department that includes assay research and development scientists, hardware engineers and software engineers.
* You will devise novel ddPCR assays to be used in new RUO or IVD ddPCR tests, and validate them using appropriate test samples.
* You will plan, execute and analyze laboratory studies for the development and optimization of new ddPCR RUO and IVD tests, write documents and reports on your studies, develop release testing methods and acceptance criteria, transfer new products to operations and participate in development activities necessary for world-wide regulatory clearance and launch of new products.
* Bachelor's degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, genetics or related life science field with 2 - 5 years experience in development of PCR-based in vitro diagnostic tests or life-science research using molecular techniques, or Master's degree with 0 - 2 years of experience.
* Hands-on experience with DNA/RNA extraction from clinical samples and real-time PCR.
* Assay/oligo design skills and assay development experience a plus.
* Drive and passion to develop new RUO and IVD products that improve patients' lives.
* History of taking ownership of your activities and responsibility for the outcome.
* Excellent analytical and data analysis skills.
* Experience with statistical analysis software, such as JMP.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated skills in team-based work and/or collaborating.
* Proficiency in software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Ability to draft and review technical documents, including test plans, protocols and reports.
* Experience working in an FDA compliant environment is a plus.
* Familiarity with CLSI/CLIA guidance a plus.
* Familiarity with the cancer field a plus.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.