Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Sr. IT Infrastructure Specialist Summary: Responsible for administration and support of infrastructure implementations. Provides direct technical support for all requirements in the planning, design, coordination, programming, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to infrastructure / information systems, software, transaction monitors, and the range of products and productivity tools that support testing and production environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the administration of a large complex group of infrastructure components, including building of infrastructure for applications.
- Based on business requirements and needs, initiate some new responsibilities and help to plan for the future of all infrastructure components.
- May direct tasks of more junior team members.
- Evaluate and recommend purchases of technology solutions.
- Participate as member of a project team and deliver infrastructure components according to requirements and timelines, including self management of small technology projects.
- May participate in on-call duties on a weekly rotational basis.
- Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of complex problems in creative and practical ways. Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree, applicable certification or equivalent experience preferred
- 4 years in IT infrastructure support positions with high level problem-solving experience.
- Familiarity with operating systems, or network/telecom systems or databases and its commands and utilities at a user level.
- Previous experience in customer support, computer operations, system administration, or related area.
- Technical knowledge with most operating systems or network/telecom systems or databases and utilities.
- Familiar with Microsoft system administration tools and processes.
- Ability to write scripts.
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration, network/telecom systems or databases administration.
- Ability to do debugging and modification.
About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the world's largest HVAC manufacturer, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied designs and manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems for customers around the world. Customers turn to Daikin with confidence that they will experience outstanding performance, reliability and energy efficiency.
Led by the principles of people-centered management, Daikin employees have unlimited potential to influence the business. For years, we've redefined HVAC technology, innovating and pushing to never settle. Together with our customers, we're delivering the solutions to reach new heights of success.
Daikin Applied, formerly Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry-leading innovations and technology. Our award-winning Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air-cooled chillers and Intelligent Equipment set new standards for efficiency and value for building owners. Also, our extensive water source heat pump and applied technologies, aftermarket service, and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly. Daikin Applied equipment, solutions and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service, and parts offices.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with more than 67,000 employees worldwide and revenues in excess of $17 billion in 2016 with nearly 30% of that coming from the U.S. In the Americas we have a strong position in the global portfolio, and the credibility and confidence of Daikin Industries' leaders who are fueling our future with investment.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.