Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Vios Medical is global medical device company dedicated to creating a paradigm shift in the way healthcare is delivered. Through the utilization of our internet-of-things medical-grade sensors and virtual patient care services, we plan to lower the cost of healthcare and improve patient outcomes. Vios Medical is seeking qualified individuals who contribute to our vision through sound product development engineering practices and passionate sales and marketing leadership. Location
St. Paul, MN General Summary
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for translating customer needs to engineering product requirements and defining the interface for subsystems from different engineering disciplines. This position is also responsible for ensuring the system as a whole meets the customer expectation by leading verification and validation activities. Effectively communicating across different geographies and cultures is an important skill in this position. Additional responsibilities include process improvement, systems architecture development, and new technology exploration. Essential Job Responsibilities
* Coordinate with the Product Development teams to meet customer needs and timelines among the different functional groups, work cultures, and time zones.
* Communicate frequently with the stakeholders to minimize the ambiguity and misunderstanding (including but not limited to Hardware, Software, Algorithm and Manufacturing engineering)
* Maintain and update the product requirements specifications, and subsystem requirements based on the user needs documents, considering the process to fit Agile methodology while maintaining the traceability
* Define the system architecture and interfaces between hardware, software, and algorithm by ensuring the system performance and maintainability.
* Own the system verification and validation activities for ensuring compliance. Lead the root cause analyses of the system nonconformance on time.
* Own the risk management process to ensure patient safety.
Miscellaneous Job Responsibilities
* Manage the project timeline to meet the delivery.
* Mentor engineers, so they can always communicate across the other engineering discipline.
* Improve the product development processes.
* Optimize the SOPs and WIs to enable the agile development process.cesses.
Critical Thinking & Decision Making
Promotes Innovation & Change
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering discipline
* Five years of software development experience with Java or C language under an Agile development environment.
* Good understanding of network communications technology - Wi-Fi, BT, Internet, Intranet, VPN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc.
* Experience working with products, including embedded software and/or hardware as a subsystem.
* Experience developing test plans, protocols and reports.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Willing to travel to India, Japan, and Europe.
* Demonstrable oral and written communication skills and ability to lead cross-functional meetings
* MS in Computer Science, Computer engineering or System Engineering
* Experience working under medical device regulations (e.g. ISO 13408, QSR)
* 10 years of related vital signs monitoring device development experience
* Experience in continuous integration and automated testing
* Experience working with multi-cultural environments
International travel (approx. 4 times/year) , domestic travel (approx. 2 times/year)
Create a better life for patients, clinicians, and hospital administrators by joining the Vios Medical team. Vios Medical offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabilities/Veterans