Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
POSITION: .NET Developer-10607
JOB ID: 4318-RCAT-4
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
ENGAGEMENT LENGTH IN MONTHS:
WHAT ARE THE DAILY WORK HOURS*
WHERE IS THE PHYSICAL WORK OFFICE LOCATED*
335 Adams Street, 29th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* Develops High-level design choices, re-enforces technical standards, works with application development in developing coding standards, selects developments tools and platforms.
* Develops project architecture and reusable components for After School Professional Development Program (ASPDP).
* Develops and implements phases of the computerized system development life cycle, including conceptual design, software development, testing, deployment, and post-implementation enhancements of applications utilizing Visual Studio .Net with SQL Server for data management and Active Directory for identity management, in accordance with Department of Education standards.
* Analyze requirements and data access needs and propose file and screen designs. Deploys the applications to multiple environments, from development through Quality Assurance, Staging and Production, and conduct unit and integration testing.
* Design and develop complex user interfaces using ASP.Net & Kendo, Telerik controls and Telerik reporting.
* Designs database tables utilizing import or export data from SQL Servers into other data sources on a daily basis through the development and coding of stored procedures and triggers, as needed.
* Utilizes Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) for source control, data collection, reporting and project tracking, testing and collaboration of project development.
* Develops SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages and Web Services.
* Codes new objects (programs) in .net to meet the requirements of the Department of Education.
* Conducts user acceptance review sessions and collaborates with other team members to perform debugging
* 7 years of experience designing and developing Web applications using Visual Studio.NET, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#.NET, SQL Server
* 2 years of experience in MVC, including Entity Framework, Telerik/Kendo controls
* 4 years of experience with MS SQL Server, designing database tables, stored procedures and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
* 2 years of experience with .Net Web Services, WCF or Web API, Coding standards, design and architecture patterns, reusable components
* 2 years of experience on Team Foundation Server (TFS), Cognos and SSRS Reporting
* Bachelor's Degree
* Any Microsoft or similar developer certifications
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.