at Andritz Inc.
Posted in Other 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Major responsibilities are listed but not necessarily limited to the following duties:
- Executing drive and controls capital and upgrade projects, including design and component selection, programming, installation, commissioning and customer training.
- Compile pricing estimates for drive and controls upgrade projects.
- Update project documentation to reflect made revisions and upgrades.
- Respond to customer service calls and troubleshoot the problems at customer's location.
- Tuning the controls and performing checks of installed equipment.
- Provide technical direction and training of operations and maintenance personnel.
- Field checkout and commissioning of machinery at sites throughout the USA and Canada.
- Communicate with and provide feedback to the crane automation engineering team.
- Domestic and/or international travel required, up to 40% annually.
- Assist/advise customer with their preventative maintenance program if required.
- Extensive travel within USA and some travel possibly in Canada.
- Completion of inspection and service call reports plus other administrative requirements in a timely manner.
- Maintain site safe work practices as per Andritz's and customer's safety requirements.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum five years' experience in the programming and servicing of Allen Bradley ControLogix PLC and HMI systems for automated machine control. GuardLogix experience highly desired
- Working knowledge of Siemens S7 PLC and VFD equipment is a plus.
- Must have field checkout and startup experience in an industrial environment, preferably with material handling equipment and some heavy machinery.
- Skilled in the use of the following software: RSLogix, Panelview, RSView, Wonderware.
- Familiar with electronic interface systems such as Ethernet, DeviceNet, and Profibus between PLC systems, VFD and MCC equipment, and HMI computers.
- Working knowledge in the use of the following software: AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Knowledgeable with VFD/DCD application, controls, and tuning.
- AC and DC motor troubleshooting.
- A self-starter capable of working independently, as well as within a multi-disciplined project team environment.
- Ability to work without supervision; prioritize and manage own schedule to meet deadlines.
- Must have good skills in maintaining vendor and customer relationships.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with trouble shooting skills is desirable.
- Possess a valid driver's license and passport (or able to obtain a passport).