Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
Zimmer Biomet is a world leader in musculoskeletal health solutions. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
Responsible for creating and revising solid models and detail drawings using 3-Dimensional modeling tools. Serve as CAD Subject Matter Expert. Responsible for the integrity of the computer-graphic products and process model databases. These models must be suitable for internal concurrent manufacture, CAE evaluation, CMM data extraction, and vendor translation. Participates in developing and implementing departmental standards.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert for CAD Design, as well as product scan and laboratory practices.
• Work simultaneously with Development, Manufacturing and Quality to create complex 3-D surfaced or solid models and the associated drawings.
• Liaise with Industrial Designers for Mechanical Design layouts/conversions.
• Designs prototypes of new electromechanical product concepts.
• Provide technical assistance to the Design area employees.
• Assist the department in engineering projects, software implementations and validations.
• Comply with existing procedures and standards per the Quality Systems regulations and creates/implements improvements which facilitate efficiency and workflow.
• Manage a portion of the graphics creation and maintenance workload.
• Communicates on technical topics with vendors and in-house personnel.
• Serves as Design Engineer representative on Product Development project teams and product change teams.
• Manage and coordinate multiple Development projects.
• Resolve issues by identifying and applying solutions from acquired and guided technical experience.
• Excellent computer graphics skills applicable to electromechanical product design including circuit board layout, sheet metal, plastic part and tool design (speed and precision).
• Highly proficient with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), capable of applying GD&T callouts to drawings per ASME Y14.5 in a manner that optimizes inspection, manufacturability, and mating fits. Able to apply GD&T concepts not previously used by the company when necessary.
• Adapts quickly to new technologies, leading the transition process where applicable.
• Ability to balance special assignments and maintenance responsibilities amidst the typical workload.
• Capable of modifying existing CAD models and drawings (CREO, SolidWorks and AutoCAD), including diagnosing potential issues before they affect the business operations.
• Translates design requirements into superb CAD deliverables, even when the requirements may be vague or undefined.
• Must be flexible and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer graphics skills applicable to product design.
• Ability to demonstrate ownership for the integrity of the work.
• Ability to perform highly complex assignments and detailed analyses.
• Challenges current methods / strives for improvement.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees including production employees, management, and technical professionals.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
• Working knowledge of engineering and manufacturing tolerances and principles; both plastics and metals.
Minimum B.S. degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited school (or global equivalent) plus 3 -5 years of experience in Mechanical / Product Design, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in Mechanical / Product Design.
Up to 5%
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.