Provides comprehensive technology support at the highest level on the design, project management, installation, maintenance, testing, and support of information security solutions and technologies, local area networks, routing, switching, wide area data networks, internet protocols and architecture, and which cross over internal functional boundaries and a wide range of commercial accounts. Works closely with Information Technology and internal and external customers on the resolution of complex security issues and technical network problems and is responsible for the protection and understanding of risk in relation to business information assets, meeting global security standards and compliance with regulations. Provides technology and security thought leadership and guides new hardware and software installations, upgrades, and trouble-shooting. Reviews and acts on daily security alerts network performance data and diagnostics for the network infrastructure. Receives general supervision and works on a self-directed basis; may serve as a work leader for lower level specialists on the team. Acts as project manager for multiple, complex network and security tool installation and support activities.
1. *Lead planning, design, implementation, including managing of projects, and support activities for security design and network architecture including vendor selection, standardization, redundancy, and performance management.
2. *Leads the development and execution of a global vulnerability management program, through technical leadership of initiatives and projects which will further enhance the Enterprise security posture.
3. *Provides technical leadership on all aspects of security infrastructure including Firewalls, Remote Access, SIEM, Vulnerability Management, Malware, IDS, Network Access Control, Forensics and DLP.
4. *Lead trouble-shooting and corrective action support to commercial developers, external customers, and internal operations for network and security related applications through internal staff and external suppliers.
5. *Interface with commercial outsource providers as required to build, change, tune, and otherwise support infrastructure supporting commercial applications.
6. *Implement and manage network quality of service management tools in the infrastructure including setting and maintaining policy-based rules for bandwidth utilization.
7. *Direct gathering of statistics and perform analysis of performance data on network infrastructure and recommend and implement corrective actions.
8. *Coordinate efforts with the Director Security & I/T Risk Management to ensure that the information assets of the Company and the commercial clients are protected at all times.
9. *Prepare instructions and documentation for installation support teams, monitors project status and updates management on issues which will impact project success.
10. *Assist other elements of the information services organization in their performance of system administration efforts in areas such as security management, telecommunications, networking, and general infrastructure management.
11. *Maintain/enhance technical expertise and industry knowledge in server and networking technologies and their uses.
12. *Participate as a security networking engineering technical resource in the development of long range plans and initiatives to accomplish operational and development goals.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required. Related work experience which likely evolved from academic training in Cybersecurity, Information Systems, or similar discipline. Industry recognized certifications will be considered.
• Ten (10) or more years' experience with overall computing architectures, WWW architectures, LAN/WAN networking, application design concepts and architectures, languages and tools across a wide spectrum of computing platforms and technologies - of which a minimum of five (5) years' administering and supporting local-area (LAN) and wide-area (WAN) network environments.
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft or Unix operating systems; MCSE, Cisco, and other certifications preferred.
• Knowledge of security areas such as SOC 2 guidelines, CIS Top 20 Security Controls, Data Loss Prevention, Database Security and Privacy, Risk Analysis, Web Services, Access Management, etc.
• Extensive experience working with commercial developers, internal developers, and customers on the deployment and support of network and security tools for internal and WWW or other external facing infrastructure.
• Extensive experience with Cisco routers and switches, Firewalls, network policy management, wide area network design and support including frame, point-to-point, VPN, and dial up.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with networking protocols and services including but not limited to TCP/IP, NetBIOS, DNS, WINS, DHCP, NetBEUI.
• Extensive experience with firewall technologies, perimeter design and support, WWW service providers, and domain management.
• Excellent network design and engineering skills in a complex, multi-location, multi-protocol environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work with clients, technical staff, and vendors.
• Excellent problem solving and consultative skills.
• Excellent planning, project management, and implementation skills.
• Ability to travel to remote company locations or for other business related needs as required.
• Ability to lift minimum of 60 pounds of equipment as required.